• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

POWDR and Boyne Announce Strategic "Co-Brand" Media Effort

Edd

That link won't load for me on the app or Safari. Sounds weird, though.

BeefyBoy50

TheTrailBoss,
I was thinking yesterday, given the recent acquisition of Park City by Vail (and subsequent loss of it by Powdr), the impending Canyons-Park City merger will create the country's largest ski area acreage-wise.
The recent combination of Big Sky with Moonlight Basin caused that area to become America's Largest ski area, although this might be a short lived record.
What I'm wondering here is, on account of the continual financial troubles I've heard of from the Yellowstone Club, is there any chance that Powdr-Boyne would buy out that resort, maintaining their claim of the largest ski area in the US?

steamboat1

Posted by Ethan the marketing director at Sugarloaf this morning:

This partnership is between Boyne and a division of Powdr called Powder Enterprises, which is responsible for Partnership Marketing and Event initiatives. Aside from the fact that CNL owns many of the Boyne operated resorts, it does not directly involve them, nor is it linked to the coming changes that CNL will undergo. It is strictly a marketing-related partnership, not operational.

The partnership is a good one for both sides. The combined portfolio of both companies' resorts will allow us to go after much larger corporate sponsors, events, and media opportunities - things like vehicle sponsorships, retail partnerships, and television partnerships that are difficult for individual resorts to attract, but possible with a robust portfolio of resorts across the country.

Ethan

Someone asked:

Welcome back Ethan. Thanks for the clarification. Any pass discounts at K-mart from this deal?

Re: Powdr - Boyne alliance?

by Ethan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:49 am
No, it relates to corporate partnerships only. The partnership doesn't extend to any other areas of operation.
Sugarloaf Director of Marketing

Edd

Aside from the fact that CNL owns many of the Boyne operated resorts, it does not directly involve them, nor is it linked to the coming changes that CNL will undergo.

Off topic here. I've heard a rumor that CNL is planning on stepping away from the ski properties. Can anyone confirm this? I may have missed a thread about it.