• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blizzard Brahma 180 cm skis

granite

I'm interested in this ski, has anyone skied them? I'm 250 lbs with ski equipment on and will use this as an everyday ski, a lot of my skiing is at Cannon. How will this ski hold up screaming down Profile or Avalanche at high speed? I skied Atomic race skis all my life until they came out with the Supercross. Any thoughts?

Edd

I bought the Brahmas in a 180 this summer. I test drove them last year and fully dug them. At your size, you may want to consider the 187. I'm 175 lbs, an advanced skier, but not an expert and the 180 handled very well for me.

To answer your question, they should be very stable at speed.

The Latigo is a pretty ski indeed. I'll try to demo those just out of curiosity.

Puck it

Put it this way. They are a hard ski to find mid season. I know a couple people that have at Cannon and love them. They use them as an everyday ski.

granite

I'm going ahead with them in the 187cm length. There's hardly a bad word about them in all the reviews I've read, about the only one was that they might ski short? Any high end ski like this is going to work for me. There might be some "getting use to them" and some adjustments, but that is true with any new ski. Plus, it's hard to convince yourself that you picked out something wrong-for once bias is a good thing. At last, the salesmen said that if I didn't like them, bring them back and we'll work something out. Cannon Mountain here I come! Thank you for the info.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
that good or bad:dontknow:

Neither. The question was what ski wasn't all mountain rocker. I was assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that if you designed a mogul ski that it would have more of a traditional camber.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

mishka

Neither. The question was what ski wasn't all mountain rocker. I was assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that if you designed a mogul ski that it would have more of a traditional camber.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

got it :beer:

I think it should be clarified somewhere what is "all mounted Rocker" designation mean.
when I will design and make mogul skis they will be with traditional sidecut and camber. btw rocker on my skis is distinctly different compared to mainstream rocker tip/tale designs

sorry for OT