• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River Opening Monday 9 am

Tin

I don't know how K plans to stay open this week with almost and inch of rain and warm temps. After Monday morning they might not be able to blow again until Thursday night/ Friday morning.

WWF-VT

Email from Sunday River on 11/2

Right now we're expecting to be skiing and riding on upper Locke Mountain on the T2 trail, but we're shooting to add Upper Sunday Punch and maybe even mix in a rail or two for an early season terrain park. We'll post the details on the Mountain Report tomorrow morning by 7am so make sure to check in for the latest.

The mountain will be open to everyone tomorrow, and to extend the Halloween fun we'll be offering free lift tickets to anyone in costume. After Monday we'll be temporarily suspending operations until next weekend, so don't miss this chance to kickstart your winter.

snowmonster

It's past 9 am in this part of the world -- and there's still no skiing!:flame:

Seriously, glad that my old home mountain is still serious about being the first to open in the northeast. The race is on! I expect to see pictures from T2 by the time I go to bed tonight.

Greetings from Manila!

Vortex

I was 4th chair up today pretty much right at 9 am. I only went a couple of hours but T2 was edge to edge and guns blazing on it.. Top to bottom will be soon. Some felt it was good enough to go top to bottom today and skipped downloading. Skied with Ga2ski and Jerry G. Saw John skiismoore. Nice way to start it off. Good crowd. Windy as all heel and got wet from the guns. I was glad to see they stayed on. The firepower on T2 is impressive. Expansion is already in full swing. Making snow on xtc, Jims whim,cascades lower punch, Jungle road, upper punch. Guns were on around the top of the chondola too, Lower downdraft maybe. They made snow all the way to the bottom until around ten am. Some good costumes. Felt good to be out.

chuckstah

Nice first day today. Late 10:30 or so arrival to let the snow get skied in a bit. Did a dozen runs or so, each getting better. Guns were shut down on open terrain around 1, and some bump lines were forming. Lift lines down to 2 or 3 chairs also by one or so. Massive snow making for expansion, hopefully ready for the crowds next weekend. Skied to the bottom on Sunday Punch last run. A little thin and sketchy, but nice effort to try and get top to bottom for opening day. Many more good days to come.