• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Warren Miller ski movie lift ticket deal?

abc

I'm sure someone had posted the Warren Miller ski movie information. But it's next to impossible to find in the already 12 page long of "deal" thread.

In the past I was never close to where the movie are showing. But I maybe able to make it this year. So I'd like to know what the lift ticket deal REALLY is. Is it really free, or is it a buy-one-get-one-free sort of "free"?

Also, it's subject to some restrictions. What was it last year? Was it just black out for holidays? Or was it only good for mid-week?

skiNEwhere

This is the terms for sugarbush.

Which showing would you see? NY might have different deals

FREE LIFT TICKET TO SUGARBUSH
Everyone attending No Turning Back will receive a voucher good for One (1) FREE lift ticket to Sugarbush, valid Monday through Friday during the 2014–15 winter season. Offer NOT VALID 12.25.14 through 1.04.15, 1.17.15 through 1.19.15, and 2.14.15 through 2.22.15. Not valid with any other offers. No refunds. Non-transferable.

Edit: not sure how close Albany is to you.....more deals here http://www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/events/palace-theatre-albany

If that's not close enough, you can find a showing here and the site will tell you what vouchers you can get
http://www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/events

BenedictGomez

I'd like to know what the lift ticket deal REALLY is. Is it really free, or is it a buy-one-get-one-free sort of "free"? Also, it's subject to some restrictions. What was it last year? Was it just black out for holidays? Or was it only good for mid-week?

There's not clear-cut answer to that question, as it's different for every show.

The only one-size-fits-all is Sugarbush, as it's given with every show. But each individual location may have other giveaways, or no other giveaways at all. Sometimes they're substantial, like last year in Manhattan it was Sugarbush, Gore, and a Jiminy Peak BOGO - not bad for a $22 movie ticket.

You can generally find the giveaways on the WM website for each location like skiNEwhere posted, unless it's an indy show, in which case usually it's on the group or promoter's website.

dlague

The deals are different at every location. Some are a comp, generally mid week while others may be 2 fers. The show we are going to in Portsmouth NH has a Sugarbush 2 fer, Gunstock 2 fer, Smuggs comp (specific Fridays) and a comp to a small local hill. That same deal is no where else.

Manchester, NH hosted by Kristin's Gift, has a decent offering as well.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone