• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

As of Right Now....

snosharkrider

LOL....That's going to be some line for the magic carpet to get up to the Sachem lift. You know 99.9% of Okemo customers aren't hiking up.

They've bussed people up Lower Mountain Road to the Northstar in early seasons past so I'd imagine they could do the same to the Sachem chair

spiderpig

They've bussed people up Lower Mountain Road to the Northstar in early seasons past so I'd imagine they could do the same to the Sachem chair

That's a waste of time. They've done carpet to the Sachem recently.

It sounds like the new lift is preventing them blowing snow on Buckhorn for now, so it could be driving the bus up to/from the Black Ridge Chair? I can't even imagine.

MadMadWorld

No snowmaking but here's my Magic pic of the weekend. Mountain is in incredible shape. EVERYTHING perfectly mowed & ready.
10644947_10205410216318515_2339274262027948721_n.jpg

Still looks great and should be able to open earlier this year.

VTKilarney

Bretton Woods is opening at noon on Sunday. Skiing is free with a food donation.

MEtoVTSkier

Wildcat will be open Sunday TTB at 10:00am as well... FOR FREE!!

[h=3]Tickets & Specials[/h]Skiing and riding will be FREE on Sunday, November 9! You will have to obtain a lift ticket, but it will be free on Sunday. Considering the time of year and the approaching holiday seasons, we do ask you to donate one canned good that we will donate or we will also be accepting donations on behalf of local food pantries. But otherwise, come and get it! Food services will be limited and rentals and ski school will not be available.

Savemeasammy

Wildcat will be open Sunday TTB at 10:00am as well... FOR FREE!!

Huge props to Wildcat. I hope they have a great turnout - and sell lots of beer and burgers. The best offering in the east - and it's free... Sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smellytele

Huge props to Wildcat. I hope they have a great turnout - and sell lots of beer and burgers. The best offering in the east - and it's free... Sweet.

Wish I could get there. I am sitting here pondering the ride to BW though for noon time. Still some fall clean up to do so it probably won't happen

Savemeasammy

Wish I could get there. I am sitting here pondering the ride to BW though for noon time. Still some fall clean up to do so it probably won't happen

I actually wouldn't mind taking my 7 year old up to Bretton Woods, but I think I will let the temptation pass. I don't want to risk a reinjury just yet, and I should probably tackle some fall chores so they aren't lingering a few weeks from now...!

dlague

This weekend was exciting to watch! It was like a ski area explosion with Bretton Woods, Wildcat, Sugarloaf, SR adding more terrain - made it feel like Killington was placed into catch up mode! For the most part the attention was definitely taken away from them. Even the Boston, news channels were reporting on Wildcat and Bretton Woods and no mention of K-ton - great PR moves in NH.

MadMadWorld

I actually wouldn't mind taking my 7 year old up to Bretton Woods, but I think I will let the temptation pass. I don't want to risk a reinjury just yet, and I should probably tackle some fall chores so they aren't lingering a few weeks from now...!

I'll take him and introduce him to the joys of poaching trails. Better to teach them when their young.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I can't wait to get out there. This weekend is kids soccer + in laws B-day party but hopefully the following weekend I can get out or some day i can duck out.