• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Nov. 3, 2014

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Nov. 3, 2014 - Mon.

First trip report for the season. I went to Killington today who opened at 11AM. I'd estimate 300 to 400 very enthusiastic (and mostly pretty good) skiers. The liftline at the North Ridge Triple peaked at perhaps 5 minutes.

No WROD. All trails were full width. Two ways down; 3 trails. Rime (lift line) probably has an average snow depth of 30 inches. This trail can withstand the several days of thaw forecast for later this week. Reason had a mini-park with 3 or 4 features. At the bottom of Reason, one could go back to Rime or continue down Upper East Fall which had lovely and rhythmic powder bumps. The snow-makers opted to pass on Upper Great Northern in favor of building depth on Rime. As such, guests must walk both up and down the "Peak Stairway."

I was pleased they opted not to run guns on Rime, although the guns ran all day on Reason and Upper East Fall. There was a little natural snow on the ground above 2000 feet and early this AM, the entire mountain looked wintry white.

I suspect with the depth of snow on Rime, Killington will be open daily thru May.

Excellent way to start the season.

Savemeasammy

This is a great report - but it's missing pics! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drewster

What did they charge for express pass holders?

Nov. 3, 2014 - Mon.

First trip report for the season. I went to Killington today who opened at 11AM. I'd estimate 300 to 400 very enthusiastic (and mostly pretty good) skiers. The liftline at the North Ridge Triple peaked at perhaps 5 minutes.

No WROD. All trails were full width. Two ways down; 3 trails. Rime (lift line) probably has an average snow depth of 30 inches. This trail can withstand the several days of thaw forecast for later this week. Reason had a mini-park with 3 or 4 features. At the bottom of Reason, one could go back to Rime or continue down Upper East Fall which had lovely and rhythmic powder bumps. The snow-makers opted to pass on Upper Great Northern in favor of building depth on Rime. As such, guests must walk both up and down the "Peak Stairway."

I was pleased they opted not to run guns on Rime, although the guns ran all day on Reason and Upper East Fall. There was a little natural snow on the ground above 2000 feet and early this AM, the entire mountain looked wintry white.

I suspect with the depth of snow on Rime, Killington will be open daily thru May.

Excellent way to start the season.
What did they charge?

4aprice

Nothing if you had a season pass; $25 if you were using an Express Card. No one else was allowed. Tomorrow's rates as posted on their website are:
Adults (19-64): $49.00
Youth (7-18 ): $38.00
Senior (65-79): $42.00

As much as I would love to get on the boards, I'll gladly wait for some cold weather and sustained snowmaking. $49 for two trails is steep and 2 kids in college won't allow it for the product being served. I don't even like paying that much for the full compliment of trails. If I can start my season for $19 @ Bretton in 2 weeks I'll be very happy.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlague

We are planning a Veterans Day trip there hopefully there will be T2B - if not we will hike the steps. Sounded like their typical opening. Looking forward to it!

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
As much as I would love to get on the boards, I'll gladly wait for some cold weather and sustained snowmaking. $49 for two trails is steep and 2 kids in college won't allow it for the product being served. I don't even like paying that much for the full compliment of trails. If I can start my season for $19 @ Bretton in 2 weeks I'll be very happy.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I go to Killington enough in the early fall and late spring that the Express Pass works pretty well for me and $21.00 (I am a senior) to ski in early Nov. isn't bad.

powhunter

We are planning a Veterans Day trip there hopefully there will be T2B - if not we will hike the steps. Sounded like their typical opening. Looking forward to it!

3rd Infantry division will be represented

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk