• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Summit 6.0 changes?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
New post rule for free give way s please post that only here for not Facebook but fb bringing people here I guess. Locked thread for members that have one year and average at least
12 post s in a year

I can't separate by "average posts per year" but i can do time constraints. But I also don't want to exclude brand new members that will end up being active members.

I think a problem here, if they are in fact sold out of tier 1, is that it sells out much faster than in previous years. So I like hte idea Scotty of giving people who are here longer / more posts 1st access to the summit. Honestly, I thought that we would have plenty of capacity by just potsing it here and not FB / etc.

Regular giveaways we run on the site are heavily skewed towards active members.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I specifically asked if the condo was meant for more than two and was told no. If it was $142 per person I would jump on it. I specifically asked about that rate and was told it was unavailable. The $220 figure I was given just doesn't add up unless the condo was meant for 3. Someone there has the wrong info. Not trying to be a pain in the ass just stating my experience from my phone call.

I've got an email going w/ Sugarloaf right now to see what is up with that.

Tin

Thank you Nick. And as mentioned I think we have 3 quotes on the same condo set all different prices.

jimmywilson69

It sounds like a lot of wine and no cheese in this thread. Dude goes out of his way to setup an affordable weekend of skiing and people bitch about it.

This thread does deserve the thumbs down, for the way "adults" are acting in here...

Puck it

It sounds like a lot of wine and no cheese in this thread. Dude goes out of his way to setup an affordable weekend of skiing and people bitch about it.

This thread does deserve the thumbs down, for the way "adults" are acting in here...
Wow. Swoop. Out. We are just trying to undestand the change in policy and the different quotes we are all gettting this year.

Tin

There is a difference between bitching and asking questions just as there is a differenc e in cost that can determine going and not on a student's budget.

jimmywilson69

yeah I read the thread. I know this site is driven by hardcore skiers looking to score the best deal, but It really comes off as petty.

Even with the increases stated it seems like a pretty good deal for a mid-season ski weekend. If Sugarloaf wasn't 11 hours from me I'd be all of the summit. It just doesn't work out for me at this time in my life.

Puck it

yeah I read the thread. I know this site is driven by hardcore skiers looking to score the best deal, but It really comes off as petty.

Even with the increases stated it seems like a pretty good deal for a mid-season ski weekend. If Sugarloaf wasn't 11 hours from me I'd be all of the summit. It just doesn't work out for me at this time in my life.
Then keep to yourself!!!!

Puck it

Complains about people bitching then says how it is too far away...seems reasonable.

I just want to save more money on the room to drink more. And the guy has a problem with that!!!! I am giving the money back to the resort either way.

wa-loaf

I think it's running me $50 more to stay at the Inn this year. $199pp vs $175 last year.

I wonder if after last year they didn't have a lot of rooms left for people who were willing to spend more that weekend and feel there's more demand now so they can extract higher prices and be tighter with occupancy limits.

I'm happy to move this thing back to March next season if it gets better prices and looser lodging requirements. I think the first year I did this the weekend cost me $120 or so pp.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Grand opening is scheduled for the first day of the summit. :lol:

2 years ago I met some Canadian dudes at the bar in the hotel on Thursday night. They were all amped for the stripers at the CVI. I declined joining them. Something tells me the level of stripper talent imported to the CV is pretty bad.

Last edited:

Tin

Grand opening is scheduled for the first day of the summit. :lol:

2 years ago I met some Canadian dudes at the bar in the hotel on Thursday night. They were all amped for the stoppers at the CVI. I declined joining them. Something tells me the level of stripper talent imported to CV is pretty bad.

Teeth can be hard to come by.