• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

witch hobble

Threecy used to at least beta test his message on us here at Alpine Zone. Now he just lifts funnies from this thread and throws "quotes" on them!

J.D. really looks like he puts in some time rebutting over there. And threecy doesn't look like he appreciates being called "Jeremy Clark".

Puck it

Threecy used to at least beta test his message on us here at Alpine Zone. Now he just lifts funnies from this thread and throws "quotes" on them!

J.D. really looks like he puts in some time rebutting over there. And threecy doesn't look like he appreciates being called "Jeremy Clark".
What site are you talking about?

dlague

We were at Cannon on Sunday and while we headed up to Cannon JDRoma had posted on FB to not bother with skiing Cannon. We almost turned around and headed to Ragged but stuck it out. There were plenty of ice/scrapped off spots but we did like the front 5 and lower Cannon and Gremlin skied well. Middle Cannon to Upper Gremlin was not to bad either. Middle Ravine was interesting with a ice marble like surface. We never bothered to ski the summit.

Funny thing happened. Gary's was mostly closed for racing until 1 (thought that only happened once per season). Once it opened it was the run of the day for us. However the second time down, I had two skiers one on skiers left edge and one going down the middle. They were skiing slower and I opted to split them because there was plenty of room. At the bottom, this 5 ft (if that) older woman approaches me and tells me that I was skiing to close to her- told her that there was plenty of room. She would not let it go so I told her that if I had a choice I would have skied the same line again. I think I just freaked her out because I blew past her. Maybe she was not comfortable with the conditions - who knows. I just thought it was odd. In all of my years skiing, I never had someone come to me like that. What does she do when it gets crowded?

BTW the racers need to be taught some manners - they kept cutting in line at the Eagle Cliff chair like they owned it. The lift attendants did not do squat about it.

skiberg

Snowboard race yesterday. Gary's is definitely closed more than once per year. It has to be, its used all the time for high schools, colleges and all kinds of races. Yesterday just happened to be snowboarders, which is odd, but I guess that race happens yearly now.

dlague

Garys was not closed.I skied it twice starting from Mickeys Margin.You should have skied Barons.It was the run of the day at least for my first 5 runs.

Garys was open on the side to the Tram Cutback - so not worth it. It was really closed! But we did hear that Baron's might of been good on our way out.

JDMRoma

Fair warning: it's PSU ski day tomorrow.

ugh well that could go 2 ways, everyone avoids Cannon and its not bad or its a cluster F@#$
My daughter is a PSU student, most likely why she is going tomorrow.......was wondering why all of a sudden !!

anyone want to go to Killington :)

JDMRoma

Fair warning: it's PSU ski day tomorrow.

Well I decided too heed your warning after finding out its the Whole school that will be there. Not just the ski club.

Not worth blowing a vacation day on that.

Will be there Friday and Saturday now

See you Saturday !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone