• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Puck it

Report said they would be making on Gremlin, Lower Cannon, Gary's and Rocket. However, this pic is from Middle Cannon by the HSQ unload.

15602640178_6706d85ed5_z.jpg

SIKSKIER

I just had a reply from GM JD on FB and he said they are all down at the ski show so the website is not being monitored much.I was asking about the cam also which has shown a 3 am shot all day.

SIKSKIER

I would rather see them start on Middle Ravine.I don't like M Cannon for a first route cuz that corner under the chair gets bombed out quick with all the traffic.

Puck it

I would rather see them start on Middle Ravine.I don't like M Cannon for a first route cuz that corner under the chair gets bombed out quick with all the traffic.
I agree. I hate Middle Cannon with a passion. I may ski it once in a day. I do like that the sadi Gary's and Rocket will see love.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Now I dig Cannon and all, but no where near like some folks.....

Snapped these on the way home from Bretton Woods today

1st tracks down Avalanche today

jfguc6.jpg

One of Cannon's faithful heading up for some snowgrass turns before the sun goes down.

214xooi.jpg

Puck it

Now I dig Cannon and all, but no where near like some folks.....

Snapped these on the way home from Bretton Woods today

1st tracks down Avalanche today

jfguc6.jpg

One of Cannon's faithful heading up for some snowgrass turns before the sun goes down.

214xooi.jpg
diehards.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Might have been yesterday. I did see them on the way up, but didn't stop to take a picture until the way back. Snowguns were blasting on the way home too. They should have a good opening.

4aprice

Might have been yesterday. I did see them on the way up, but didn't stop to take a picture until the way back. Snowguns were blasting on the way home too. They should have a good opening.

We saw then going up on Peabody Slopes but not on the front 5. Didn't see as many tracks down Avalanche so DHS must have been behind us. (or we were trying to pick out Kinsman Glades) Was great to see the snow above the Notch, actually felt a little like winter. Lafayette looked beautiful. Plenty of time for them to get going and good looking weather too. Boy has his College NH4 Pass and is drooling over up coming season @ Cannon.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Farleyman

Opening day is right around to corner... 5 year anniversary party Friday and homecoming day Saturday... Hopefully the "possible" snow Friday into Saturday amounts to something!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Puck it

Started blowing middle ravine today. And guns were blowing them lower portions of Upper Cannon need quad top.

Smellytele

Do any other ski areas have this policy like Cannon?
Saw this on their website:

The use of Drones for photography or other use at Cannon Mountain is prohibited. The airspace above Cannon is protected, and authorization must be obtained prior to operating a drone over/around Cannon Mountain.

skiMEbike

Do any other ski areas have this policy like Cannon?
Saw this on their website:

The use of Drones for photography or other use at Cannon Mountain is prohibited. The airspace above Cannon is protected, and authorization must be obtained prior to operating a drone over/around Cannon Mountain.

SRiver has a similar policy (which I think is I good thing).