• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

JimG.

Staff member
Zoomer Bar moves to the Umbrella Bars!!!!

Heh...I recognize that electric blue jacket. I saw you guys on Saturday booting up in the lodge.

My son and I were at a table right near you; we were up for the weekend.

Too focused on getting out on the snow to recognize anyone.

Puck it

Heh...I recognize that electric blue jacket. I saw you guys on Saturday booting up in the lodge.

My son and I were at a table right near you; we were up for the weekend.

Too focused on getting out on the snow to recognize anyone.
That was not me. I don't boot up in the lodge especially he KBL.

dlague

One of my co-workers and his son skinned up cannon twice on Saturday and skied runs summit to bottom of front five both times and he said the coverage was great. They were taking advantage of the new snow that had fallen the night before. He said there was close to 6 inches of fresh at the summit and new snow all the way down.

Going up that twice has to be one hell of a work out!

Domeskier

I was going to say that this Karl sounds awesome, but now it appears that he may be abusing someone's handicap placard, so I will withhold judgment.

JimG.

Staff member
I was going to say that this Karl sounds awesome, but now it appears that he may be abusing someone's handicap placard, so I will withhold judgment.

I assure you he is not abusing handicap parking privileges. All on the up and up.

dlague

Karl is more hardcore than you then...he won't go in for beer either. Buys his own.

Well, those super cold days it just seems weird to pack a bunch of people in a car to drink beer and drinking in the car by yourself well........

Come Spring - then there is Zoomerbar!

dlague

Looks like April

Still is April! They should be open! Could of had a Cannon May date.

Like I posted earlier:

One of my co-workers and his son skinned up cannon twice on Saturday and skied runs summit to bottom of front five both times and he said the coverage was great. They were taking advantage of the new snow that had fallen the night before. He said there was close to 6 inches of fresh at the summit and new snow all the way down.

Going up that twice has to be one hell of a work out!

Cannonball

How is Cannon on post-season access? Stealth required?

Policy: "absolutely prohibited". Reality: I've skinned it many times, as have tons of other people.
Further reality: Be smart. Be safe. Be respectful of the land, the people, the equipment, the policy, etc. Just generally be chill and have fun. And you'll be fine.

JimG.

Staff member
Well, those super cold days it just seems weird to pack a bunch of people in a car to drink beer and drinking in the car by yourself well........

Come Spring - then there is Zoomerbar!

That would be really weird. We drink Karl's beer at his house 4 miles from the mountain.