• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Farleyman

If anyone is skiing today a report on the blue groomers would be great

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
That thread took a wild plot twist when you called Stephanie a "SCUM BAG!" Shyamalan couldn't have come up with these twists and turns.

Haha , at first I though it was her too! I read it on the internet so it must be true?
I'll believe it when she PM's me to say it was her.
Very strange language no?

I hope she doesn't have to go through the 21yr ugly odyssey that my wife's been though.
That's what set me off, you're in an accident that is 100% someone else's fault and your life is changed forever.
To add insult to injury , some dirtbag idiot blames you. I hope she gets a payday she deserve's it.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Stephanie if you really want Cannon to pay you shouldn't vacillate.

quotes-by-sir-winston-churchill-e1351431499177.jpeg

Puck it

She may have actually talked her lawyer. I PM'Ed her a couple days ago after her boyfriend posted about gunning for JD. I told her that they should not be writing in a public forum comments about the case. It could come back and haunt them. She just may have taken the advice.

wtcobb

If you would like to show support, please feel free to share well wishes. Your thoughts and cares are appreciated.

Please also write or call your local representative to advocate greater safety measures (including helmets) for workers at ski areas, and/or greater aid for part-time seasonal employees who are injured. In this way we can attempt to ensure that no one else will suffer.

Please do not spread rumors, anger, or vitriol against any one person or entity - that accomplishes nothing. Let's be constructive.

Thank you. That is all.

xwhaler

Cannon skied great today. Mitty even better. Awesome coverage over there. What a day. Legs are smoked right now!

Cannonball

Cannon skied great today. Mitty even better. Awesome coverage over there. What a day. Legs are smoked right now!

Stoked to hear that you guys hit it good. That sun was totally unexpected! We had a great day doing some skinning nearby and couldn't believe the weather. Cannon must have been perfect.

xwhaler

Stoked to hear that you guys hit it good. That sun was totally unexpected! We had a great day doing some skinning nearby and couldn't believe the weather. Cannon must have been perfect.

It was awesome. One of my best days of the season. Finally popped my Mittersill cherry. Totally see why you all love it. Today pretty much confirmed I will be a passholder in 16-17. When the snow is good the mtn and its ease of access is a special thing.
Glad u guys had fun too!!

thetrailboss

Staff member
It was awesome. One of my best days of the season. Finally popped my Mittersill cherry. Totally see why you all love it. Today pretty much confirmed I will be a passholder in 16-17. When the snow is good the mtn and its ease of access is a special thing.
Glad u guys had fun too!!

When there is snow, Cannon is hard to beat IMHO. Great location and easy access.

thetrailboss

Staff member
She may have actually talked her lawyer. I PM'Ed her a couple days ago after her boyfriend posted about gunning for JD. I told her that they should not be writing in a public forum comments about the case. It could come back and haunt them. She just may have taken the advice.

+ 1

It's also likely that Cannon's insurer and not Cannon is being stubborn. Unfortunate, but the reality in this day and age.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Amazing day.

Started out really bad for me Dana and a couple of his friends though. We started out from Peabody and were heading to Zoomer to meet Xwhaler. We took Middle Cannon and the i stopped at the split for Paulies Extension and Rock Garden. There was a skiwee class stopped there as well. All of sudden I start hearing screaming for this little girl (4/5 years old maybe) to slow down. She goes speeding right in front of me, hits the little snowbank in front of the trees and double ejects into the woods. In 32 years on skis I've never seen someone fly into the woods with that rate of speed. She just missed the snowmaking hydrant as well.

The instructor and another guy click out of their skis and dive into the woods after her yelling for someone to go get ski patrol. I fly down to the Zoomer top lift shack and have the liftie call in to Patrol.

Right as I'm talking to the liftie xwhaler gets off the lift. I bet I was as white as a ghost.

The rest of the morning the scene just kept replaying in my head. Did I just witness a little girl die? Could I have dove and tackled her? Really shook me up.

Later in the day I decided to go to the ski patrol office and ask about her. I start explaining where it was and they basically finished the story for me saying, "Right between Ext and Rock Garden. The place people always go into the woods"

Turns out the little girl had someone looking down on her because she completely missed the trees and only suffered a minor scratch on her face. They said she even kept skiing.

I was very relieved to hear this. However I walked out of there thinking if this spot is known by the ski patrol for people flying into the woods, shouldn't they maybe put up some race / safety netting there?

Maybe they were exaggerating, but it was odd to hear that from patrol.

Cannonball

^holy crap that is scary stuff. I would have been shaken up too. Good on you for helping out and checking in. So glad to hear that she is OK.

That is a very common place to stop and wait. In fact it used to even have a sign "the usual place". I've stopped there hundreds of times (thousands maybe). And it's often icy coming into that spot. But I've never seen someone crash into the woods or even come close. So maybe patrol was exaggerating a bit.

Rough way to start the day!

deadheadskier

Staff member
It was effed up. The four of us couldn't believe what we saw.

You know, maybe they said "the usual spot" and I interpreted what they were saying as "the usual spot where people go into the trees". That would make sense.

She launched maybe two feet to the right of the hydrant. Had she hit it at that speed I bet she would've died instantly. So lucky.