• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

dlague

Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 41. Very windy.
Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Very windy.

Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. Windy.

Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. Windy.

Only the wind could be a concern/

Well hopefully wind is not to much of a concern. Plan on being there on Saturday and maybe a few hours on Sunday - darns kid's Lacrosse game is getting in the way.

darent

planning on skiing Canon thursday 9th or friday 10th haven't decided and will let conditions dictate

dlague

I will be there on Thursday around 9 and ski until 11:30 ish. Then back to work which is about 30 minutes from there.

JDMRoma

Think it may be insurance policy driven.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Puck it

Reason? I hadn't heard this? If they opened for a final wknd I'd definitely be there.
It is seasonal and full time employee driven. Seasonal employee have to be let go at a certain time and the full time employees move to get the warm weather attractions ready after the winter. The week extension will see management bumping chairs and JD will actually be out acing a liftie.

dlague

So ...... Not sure why I didn't do this before, however, I took a extended lunch today and headed to Cannon. Skied from 11:50 to 1 and I had a blast. The conditions were PERFECT! Although, from lift conversations, I heard things were frozen solid earlier in the day. I guess timing is everything, because evidently things softened up considerably to mid winter conditions at the summit and off Peabody and very soft off the front by the time I was there. Ended up skiing Profile->Middle Ravine->No Name Trail (across Gremlin and Rock garden)->Zoomer, then Back up and skied Upper Cannon->By Pass->Extension->Avalanche, then Middle Cannon->Rock Garden->Rocket and finished off with two runs off Zoomer Chair on Paulie's Folly and Garys (to complete the front). I was able to complete all of these runs in one hour flat. Nice thing about skiing alone - non stop ski on ski off. Conditions were playful and super fun. The bumps on skier's right on Zoomer were a little thick where untracked. Like I said - wish I would have done that earlier in the season.

20150408_122509_resized.jpg

On Peabody Chair
20150408_120111_resized.jpg

Avalanche Down
20150408_120922_resized.jpg

Avalanche Up
20150408_120927_resized.jpg

Zoomer
20150408_121407_resized.jpg

xwhaler

Nice, I thought the bumps on Zoomer were pretty good last wknd. Wish I worked closer and could go skiing on my lunch break!