• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River Top to Bottom for Sunday?

Dickc

Has anyone ever eaten a lobster roll from the little trailer at the top of the North Peak at Sunday river? They make a pretty darn good one.

(Blatant attempt to make the thread hijack come back to subject......)

The Sneak

Lobster steamed in sea water is so much better than from the tap. Makes all the difference.

Yeah dude I dunno. I am all about going to Galilee and buying em right off the boat, but I will take my tap water and add coarse salt over say, water from salt pond. I don't even let my dog swim at the boat ramp next to Java Madness. Nasty!

Tin

LOL. Yea I'm good with water from Oakland Beach. Probably why I only eat lobster when I'm in Casco Bay.

snoseek

I will take it anyway you give it to me.

Boiled in salty water
cocnut milk
Milk with slabs of butter
milk with butter and a vanilla bean
Evaporated milk
Steamed with sea water

Seriously, its all good and this thread is making me hungry for something i can't eat till mid may!!!!

snoseek

Has anyone ever eaten a lobster roll from the little trailer at the top of the North Peak at Sunday river? They make a pretty darn good one.

How much do they get for one?

Domeskier

I suspect I might prefer a lobster roll to the imitation crab meat they put in the so-called California roll.

jerryg

As a native Mainer, I think lobster is overrated. that said, I'm sure that some New Yorkers probably get sick of their awesome thin crust pizza. Sunday River was fortunate to have a gentleman from NYC move to the area some years ago and opened New York Pizza. I'm not saying it's like buying it in the city or on the slopes of Killington, but it was pretty damned good and inspired a second shop to feature the same style. The New York Pizza recipe is still used somewhere in town, but I don't know if the Barking Dog is the same owner or not.

Another thing we like is T2B skiing. It seems that along with SR, Wildcat, and for all intents and pusposes, SL, got the memo. I know that people claim that KMart has so much more acreage to cover to go T2B, but I call BS. SL covered Tote Road and King's Landing from the SuperQuad, which is 1700 vert and the former being long and wide. Wildcat covered 2100 very with Lynx. While the T2B at SR doesn't have the same vert as those two, it also doesn't have nearly the elevation, at the base, of any open resort. Me thinks that K's gotta get with the program. If I wanted to hike for turns I'd be going to Gulf of Slides and not the Peak Walkway. Period.

MadMadWorld

Not a bad attempt

Domeskier

Not sure about the potato pizza... My favorite is actually Regina's in Boston.

Edd

I'd support jail time for putting celery on a lobster roll. Mayo, is decent, but just meat and butter are the ticket, I think.