• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat 11/9/14 (no longer Sunday River)

Brad J

I was hoping for Wildcat will settle for Sunday River

yeggous

Eh? Am thinking about Bretton Woods. They are open top to bottom off the Range View HSQ during the afternoon for free with a food pantry donation.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
Free is tempting, but I like the terrain variety SR is going to offer a bit better. Worth the $39 if you ask me.

yeggous

Free is tempting, but I like the terrain variety SR is going to offer a bit better. Worth the $39 if you ask me.

For me it's the combination of free and two hours total of less driving.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
gotcha

The less driving is why I was hoping for Wildcat. Well, that and Lynx being a better trail than anything else open in the East right now IMO.

BackLoafRiver

Was at SR today...Loads of fun. Conditions held up remarkably well. They opened the lower half of Sunday Punch but it was...Variable.

You will have a great day.

Quietman

Good for them!! It takes some balls to announce it at 9:45pm for the next day, but what a change from last year.

Quietman

Looking back at last year, it was Jan 22nd when they were finally able to open the top of the mountain for good. Probably won't be a Wildcat Behind the Pack This Year thread this year. :lol:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Big props to them. This is definitely a statement, and the place needs to make one this year to win folks back.