• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski swap scores

bvibert

Staff member
I went to our local ski swap at Ski Sundown over the weekend to get my son some new ski boots. After looking through the racks for a while and trying on several boots my wife came across some brand new Full Tilt kids boots with Intuition liners, in his size, for $30. I don't get the impression that these are the best kids boot out there, but they fit and he liked how they looked, plus did I mention they were brand new? We also found a lightly use kids Transpak for $10. We always seem to make out alright at the swaps, but this was one of the better years.

Anyone else come across any good deals at ski swaps this year?

wa-loaf

I didn't find anything, but I did make $550 selling stuff at the WA swap.

planb420

Scored 2 brand new jackets, and some new snow pants as well for under 250! Now the wife is all set....even put the new gear to the test at Ktown yesterday! Sundown Ski Swap=Crazy good deals

wa-loaf

2 pr kids skis and 1pr boots, my fiancees 10 year old skis, some jackets I never wear. The kids stuff I price kind of high. Doesn't sell right away, but by the final day it goes because it's in great shape and there's not much else of quality left.

catsup948

Got my son and pair of decent three buckle boots, poles, brand new smith helmet and goggles for $50 at the Berkshire East ski swap. Got myself a nice pair of Smith goggles for 5 bucks!

yeggous

For those looking for a schedule of ski swaps, I added several to my Skiing on the Cheap calendar.

You can sort out just the swaps using the tag.