• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Okemo Tops The List

gmcunni

chairs loaded and testing
1392629_10152529872386448_6523248792238802890_n.jpg

VTKilarney

I asked earlier, but does anyone know how the seats are heated and how power for heating is delivered to each chair?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

steamboat1

I asked earlier, but does anyone know how the seats are heated and how power for heating is delivered to each chair?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone
Not sure exactly how it works but I remember reading somewhere the chairs are only heated when going through the bottom terminal. Once the chair leaves the terminal they are no longer heated. It's only warm when you first sit when loading at the bottom then lose the heat as you ride up.

drjeff

chairs loaded and testing
1392629_10152529872386448_6523248792238802890_n.jpg

Only 3 chairs on the haul rope today per their FB page for testing!

The Bubble chair about an hour South of Okemo was sure nice in the mid-winter like breeze and temperatures today! ;)

I'm sure Okemo's guests will be thrilled with the Sunburst 6!

woofydoggie

There are some energized strips in terminal, and brushes on the grips, to pick up the charge, and hyper heat the seat coils, but it has insulation to keep temp up.

Edd

There are some energized strips in terminal, and brushes on the grips, to pick up the charge, and hyper heat the seat coils, but it has insulation to keep temp up.

You just answered your own question, right? Cool tech, regardless.

jaybird

Okemo will try anything to bring people.
Repeat visits are their second biggest problem.
The big problem is lack of any good terrain.

xwhaler

Okemo is in really nice shape today. Nice soft groomers. Feels like April turns. Foggy but warm. Place is empty

drjeff

Great work by Leitner Poma! I know that one of my friends who's an Okemo regular can't wait until next weekend when he gets to ride it!

MadMadWorld

steamboat1

Heated seats? I wasn't old enough but I heard a rumor that MRG used to hand out blankets on the single if it was cold. Okemo skiers are a bunch of pansies!!!!

Bombs awaaaaaaay
Mansfield chairs at Stowe (double & single) & the Killington Peak double did the same thing. Wouldn't call them blankets, they were wool poncho's you pulled over your head. Protected both back & front.

Okemo skiers don't need heated seats to be catergorized as pansies.

xwhaler

I rode it last Saturday. Its nice and comfortable for sure. I didnt care for the bubble down as it created an odd yellow color against the white snow. Its a nice lift overall though. Doesnt increase uphill capacity for Okemo but creates a buzz and allows them to move Northstar over to Sunapee which has more real value than the Sunburst will IMHO

gmcunni

Doesnt increase uphill capacity for Okemo but creates a buzz and allows them to move Northstar over to Sunapee which has more real value than the Sunburst will IMHO

replace quad with 6 pack doesn't increase uphill capacity?

xwhaler

The story ive heard from well connected Okemo passholders is that it has fewer chairs on the line than Northstar