• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

#epicfail: College Football Edition

thetrailboss

Staff member
I don't think that this has been posted or commented, but an incredibly dumb play...from Utah:

With additional commentary and ref's ruling:

What an idiot.

skiNEwhere

I've seen this happen in the NFL as well. Desean jackson has done it, along with Danny Trevathan of the broncos just last year. Leon Lett even did something close to this in the Super Bowl. I understand getting caught up in the moment and all, but this one is inexcusable. If I were the coach I'd be telling them they have to run it at least half way into the endzone, pretty sorry that coaches even need to go there to begin with....

thetrailboss

Staff member
I've seen this happen in the NFL as well. Desean jackson has done it, along with Danny Trevathan of the broncos just last year. Leon Lett even did something close to this in the Super Bowl. I understand getting caught up in the moment and all, but this one is inexcusable. If I were the coach I'd be telling them they have to run it at least half way into the endzone, pretty sorry that coaches even need to go there to begin with....

In a post-game interview, the Coach said that the rule is that players are supposed to hand the ball to the ref at the end of the play. He said apparently this guy did not get that message.

Domeskier

They should just eliminate the ball from the game already and let the players prance around for 8 hours or however long it takes to play a football match these days,

Hawkshot99

I was watching the game live. I am a big Ducks fan, and was amased at how bad they were being out played by Utah.
That one play made for a huge 14 point swing in the game. The Ducks became fired up and started steam rolling Utah after it.