• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who/what and for what price

ScottySkis

Jiminy peak not sure price be mg first time there since I was a teen. It in the Berkshire s of MA.

xwhaler

Wildcat announcing $49 tickets for Friday, I'd imagine this pricing will extend through the wknd
They are looking to have Lynx and Polecat T2B

WJenness

Who will be open this weekend?
With how much terrain?
And what will be the cost?

Facts please not guesses.

Awful hard to have facts when you're looking at two solid days of snowmaking weather before Saturday... What anyone will have open and what they'll be charging is a total guess at this point.

-w

yeggous

Wildcat announcing $49 tickets for Friday, I'd imagine this pricing will extend through the wknd
They are looking to have Lynx and Polecat T2B

I'll be surprised if they get Polecast T2B. Looking at the weather they'll probably spend the next two days building base on Lynx and then move to start making snow on Polecat by Saturday. Look for Polecat (and maybe Catapult) to open by the following weekend.

mbedle

Posted on another form, but Stowe just stated they are open top to bottom on Saturday for pass holders. Not that it includes many, if any, of us. Looking at Lord, Ridgeview and North. Depending on snowmaking, they might be able to open centerline, hayride, sunrise or standard.

xwhaler

Their $49 pricing seems a tad high but I guess they do have the most open continuous vert in the East right now.

Hawkshot99

Jiminy peak not sure price be mg first time there since I was a teen. It in the Berkshire s of MA.

Their typical Opening is Westway->Grand Slam, North Glade/Lower Glade->Upper Slingshot->360->180, and Jiminy Cricket. If the time and temps allow they will increase off of that.

yeggous

Their $49 pricing seems a tad high but I guess they do have the most open continuous vert in the East right now.

Wildcast has the fastest lift too. They are also trying to push their discount card which gets you 50% off midweek. I've noticed Wildcat / Attitash prices to generally be lower than the competition. I mean that within the context of food, shop work, lessons, etc.

Smellytele

Awful hard to have facts when you're looking at two solid days of snowmaking weather before Saturday... What anyone will have open and what they'll be charging is a total guess at this point.

-w
Well some facts are in...

At least guesses from ski areas are better than from us jamokes

deadheadskier

Staff member
I was wondering if they were. so not even 50% off the 75 it usually costs? which is cheaper than the 49.

Yes, 50% off from $75, but not $49. Weekends would be 25% off of $75. So effectively no early season weekend discounts with the card. Except for Sunday afternoons when they will give you 25% off the $30 afternoon ticket.

xwhaler

From Bretton Woods:
Comments: NH's largest ski resort will REOPEN on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 14th! The Zephyr High Speed Quad and the Learning Center Quad will be spinning at 9am sharp providing you access to 30 acres of machine-groomed terrain on our one mile Range View and Rosebrook Meadow trails. Ticket prices on 11/14 will be $29 for Adults, Teens, and Juniors, and $25 for Seniors. On 11/15 and 11/16, ticket prices will be $39 for all ages.The extended weather forecast looks great for sustained snowmaking as cold front arrives tonight and remains through this weekend. Snow guns will be firing around the clock resurfacing Range View and Rosebrook Meadow plus we'll be pummeling Crawford's Blaze and Big Ben as well.

Keep in mind if you buy online you can get a $19 ticket.

C-Rex

They're open, Scotty? If it's not stupid expensive (as Jiminy is known to be) I'll think about joining you this weekend. My girl's parent's live like 15 min from there so I can get points for visiting them at the same time. Ha!

yeggous

The latest from Wildcat:

Who's ready for more skiing? Here's our operating plan for Friday through Sunday: We'll be running the summit quad from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each day providing you access to top-to-bottom skiing on the Lynx Trail. Conditions will be ungroomed on Friday and then we'll send the groomers out for the weekend. Expect expert conditions tomorrow becoming a little easier for Saturday & Sunday. No beginner terrain is available at this time.

Tickets will be $49 for adults/young adults and $39 for juniors/seniors. There is no ski school/nursery/rental equipment available at this time. The retail shop will be open, guest services will be there to print your passes and Vertical Value Cards and the pub will be taking care of your food and beverage needs. If your gear needs some love, the guys in the tune shop will be in this weekend for all of your ski/snowboard care needs so get yourself some sharp edges and a fresh wax.

Snowmaking will be concentrated on all of Lynx the next few days and then we'll get the guns going on Upper Polecat Friday. We're also looking at a couple inches of snow possible tomorrow! After Sunday we'll be closing down Mon-Thurs so we can crank out serious snow again on all of Lynx and Polecat. We'll then look to reopen again on Friday, November 21.