• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

anyone in the boston area right now?

Vortex

I heard from my customers. I was busy did not even know about it. Highway shut down. They exploded the packages in question. The gang is a bit un easy for the ride home. Looks like a hoax or at least that is what the governor is saying on www.boston.com

ow a bit of an update know from Turner.

Last edited:

adamti91

For those not in the know (from the Guardian UK):

"5 Suspicious Packages Planted in Boston
Wednesday January 31, 2007 8:31 PM

BOSTON (AP) - Five suspicious packages planted near bridges and other spots around Boston forced the shutdown of major roads, a bridge and a stretch of the Charles River on Wednesday before authorities concluded the objects were not bombs.

``It's a hoax - and it's not funny,'' said Gov. Deval Patrick.

Police said four calls, all around 1 p.m., reported suspicious devices at the Boston University Bridge and the Longfellow Bridge, which both span the Charles River, at a Boston street corner and at the Tufts-New England Medical Center.

The package near the Boston University bridge was found attached to a structure beneath the span, where it crosses the Massachusetts Turnpike, authorities said.

Subway service across the Longfellow Bridge between Boston and Cambridge was briefly suspended, and Storrow Drive was closed as well.

Another device was found earlier in the day at a subway station, forcing a temporary shutdown of Interstate 93."

The 'packages' (some sort of magnetic mice with batteries and LEDs or something like that) are advertising tools for Cartoon Network's Adult Swim television show or something... and apparently have been in place for weeks according to parent company Turner Broadcasting...hmmm...

SIKSKIER

Turns out they were Light Brite toys.I didn't know they still existed.I guess they accomplished their goal of getting media attention.Good ole Ted Turner.

Zand

This whole thing makes Boston city officials look like the stupidest people alive.

First off, these things were up 3 weeks ago in all 10 cities and not one complaint was left. Then Boston decides to send out the bomb-squad to blow up LITE-BRITES!!! Imagine if they were real bombs... if they were then they would've definitely taken out half of Boston because it was clear they weren't doing anything about it even though people probably saw them being put up.

The 2 guys don't deserve jail time and if Menino wants Turner to pay, they'll just laugh on the way to the bank. It's almost like asking Bill Gates to pay for this. But nobody should have to pay for the city officials reacting and making a couple of lite-brites a big deal.

Warp Daddy

I disagree while humor has its place these "jerks" had no sensitivity what so ever . The 9/11 killers took off from Beantown > I have grandchildren living in greater Boston metro area and some in Manhattan .

The world already has too many damned fools ------------------