• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lake Effect Machine to crank up?

ScottySkis

I think my own personal hell would be something like this, where I get feet of snow I have to constantly shovel, but no where to ski

I think Cornhead would show some great powder shots he has gotten in that area so their ski and snowboarding hills just not big vertical but light lake effect snow that might be as good if not less water then what you get out in your wonder big state and state to left. I find out soon about lake effect and light snow at Snowy Ridge maybe this weekend.

Cornhead

I'll get video of Scotty stuck in 4ft, shit maybe you should bring a snorkel Scotty, wouldn't want you to drown.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Cornhead

Less talk more action boys

We'll know more tomorrow afternoon. I can't access their webcam, blocked, won't come up on my phone. Somebody check it and post a pic, please.

Last edited:

Cornhead

It's official, buried Scotty video to follow.

IT'S OFFICIAL - Snow Ridge will be open on Saturday, Nov 22 from
10 am-4 pm. One lift (Ridge Runner) 5+ trails available. We received 5" of new snow overnight and it's been snowing lightly this morning - with heavier snow in the forecast later today.

prsboogie

Snow Ridge Ski Resort

10 mins*·*

IT'S OFFICIAL - Snow Ridge will be open on Saturday, Nov 22 from
10 am-4 pm. One lift (Ridge Runner) 5+ trails available. We received 5" of new snow overnight and it's been snowing lightly this morning - with heavier snow in the forecast later today.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
We'll know more tomorrow afternoon. I can't access their webcam, blocked, won't come up on my phone. Somebody check it and post a pic, please.

Their webcam is operating now. Here's a snapshot from 12:30pm today. The color distortion is how the webcam/website rendered it. Needless to say, they are probably 100% open and if they have woods, that wouldn't surprise me to find them ski-able.

attachment.php

Attachments

• snowridge.png
    snowridge.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Cornhead

Thanks Billski

Cornhead

OMG. That's an eastern skier's wet dream!

It was one of my most memorable days on skis, the steep ravines will be fun. Scotty and Rambo are in for an experience!

Cornhead

Snow Ridge Ski Resort added 3 new photos.
Another 10" overnight brings our total snowfall to 35" since Tuesday. All natural lake effect snow - nothing manmade. Snow Ridge will be open Saturday 10am-4pm. Be sure to be here for some great early season skiing & riding. Get your season pass now before the price increases on Dec 1.
uploadfromtaptalk1416578272951.jpg
View attachment 14405
uploadfromtaptalk1416578409515.jpg
Should be more skiable than the 57" on opening day last year, stoked!

Cornhead

Those guys will have 200% open terrain. They'll be skiing off everything - outhouses, cars and treetops. They won't be seeing rocks until next June!

Or next week, 60° with rain. I think Buffalo could be in for a world of hurt, flooding, collapsed roofs. Glad we're hitting it before, yes the ravines will be sweet, can't wait!

Cornhead

I'll do my best, but I have a feeling taking pics will be low on my priority list with 35" of fresh!

mriceyman

Its going to get warm for one day then get cold again .. I doubt they lose 3' snow pack in one day

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone