• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lake Effect Machine to crank up?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Check out this Watertown forecast.
attachment.php

Attachments

• watertown.jpg
    watertown.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 138

mriceyman

Thats insane.. If that ever happened in nj we would be shut down for a month

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

yeggous

That's just one reason why I don't live there. In Massachustts the official snow removal policy is to be ready for 24 inches in 24 hours or 36 inches in 48 hours,

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

MadMadWorld

That's just one reason why I don't live there. In Massachustts the official snow removal policy is to be ready for 24 inches in 24 hours or 36 inches in 48 hours,

Actually massachusetts has done a really great job with snow removal over the last 2 winters. Mostly because they threaten to arrest anyone the road...but hey it works!

yeggous

Actually massachusetts has done a really great job with snow removal over the last 2 winters. Mostly because they threaten to arrest anyone the road...but hey it works!

The kick ass job on snow removal has to do with the "OMFG" reaction dating back to the Blizzard of '78. My better half is constantly bitching about her commute in the winter as snow removal drops a notch (or three) when she crosses the border into New Hampshire.

Cornhead

Tug Hill is like another planet when the LES machine is crankin, surreal.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Savemeasammy

Those of us north of the mass border appreciate this policy on big powder days ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warp Daddy

Tug Hill is like another planet when the LES machine is crankin, surreal.

livingin tis region is always an adventure BUT here we have awesome snow removal service . Getting out and about is critical in NNY as many commute considerable distances for employment in this stuff . I only lost one work day in over 3 decades of commuting . Went theu the major blizzards of 66' 77 and the GREAT ICE storm of 98 which knocked out power for overa month to some up here

Puck it will tell ya NNY'ers are a breed apart :smile: n adaptability to extreme weather conditions. Folks up here here take it for granted and accept the situation

Puck it

livingin tis region is always an adventure BUT here we have awesome snow removal service . Getting out and about is critical in NNY as many commute considerable distances for employment in this stuff . I only lost one work day in over 3 decades of commuting . Went theu the major blizzards of 66' 77 and the GREAT ICE storm of 98 which knocked out power for overa month to some up here

Puck it will tell ya NNY'ers are a breed apart :smile: n adaptability to extreme weather conditions. Folks up here here take it for granted and accept the situation
We certainly are. Love the snow and cold. We take whatever is thrown at us.

The travel bans in MA are for the natives that don't know how to drive in the winter. I violated it the last time it ihappended to go to Cannon. My FJ goes threw anything. I don't even put it into until it is 6". I have had it in 4' of snow and it did not even bother. It is a beast.

Warp Daddy

We certainly are. Love the snow and cold. We take whatever is thrown at us.

The travel bans in MA are for the natives that don't know how to drive in the winter. I violated it the last time it ihappended to go to Cannon. My FJ goes threw anything. I don't even put it into until it is 6". I have had it in 4' of snow and it did not even bother. It is a beast.

Oh hell yeah , thats the stuff ., ya gotta have the right toys

... Went out yesterday with Outback ,!hit several unplowed backroads during the snowfall n wind just for "shitz n' giggles "on theway to a luncheon mtg in Canton . :flag:

4aprice

Down in Central NJ, for sure, but here in NW NJ they actually are pretty good. They talk about "lane miles" for plowing. Sussex and Warren have much less then Morris and they do a good job on I-80 from Parsippany west. Only the blizzard's of 93 and 96 have kept us home bound and only for 12-24 hours.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
PHotos are coming in this morning from Watertown and Buffalo

Watertown:

attachment.php

Southbound lanes of Interstate 81 between exit 49 (LaFargeville) and 48 (Route 342):
attachment.php

Live view of Public Square in Watertown at 4:37 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 18, 2014:
attachment.php

Buffalo
***NY State Thruway is closed IN BOTH DIRECTIONS between Exit 46, Rochester, and Exit 59, Dunkirk***

36" of snow so far in Orchard Park, NY.
attachment.php

Attachments

• groceries watertown.jpg
    groceries watertown.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 129
  • i81.jpg
    i81.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 130
  • mys tway closed.jpg
    mys tway closed.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 129
  • watertown 437am.jpg
    watertown 437am.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 128

Cornhead

oSo far Snow Ridge has got nada, blue skies according to their Facebook page. They did say if the get 30+" they'll probably open Saturday. You in Puck it? Scotty will probably go if they do, I'll ditch him if they open before the weekend, sorry, NFOAPD!