• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

K on 11/19

Puck it

Look at he weather report! Winds out of the west with gusts to 70mph tonight and 65mph tomorrow.

Puck it

They have K1 closed now, not sure for wind or ice. Not looking good for tomorrow then.
Looks to be running now on the peak view cam.
As for tomorrow, if these winds are for real, then the lifts will be running.

And looks like they do not calm down until Saturday. Can you do Friday?

Today Partly sunny, with a high near 14. Wind chill values as low as -14. Windy, with a west wind around 38 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -20. Very windy, with a west wind 40 to 43 mph, with gusts as high as 70 mph.
Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 13. Wind chill values as low as -20. Very windy, with a west wind 34 to 44 mph decreasing to 18 to 28 mph. Winds could gust as high as 70 mph.
Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. Wind chill values as low as -10. Windy, with a southwest wind 18 to 23 mph increasing to 27 to 32 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph.
Thursday Cloudy, with a high near 20. Windy, with a southwest wind 24 to 32 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph.
Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Windy, with a west wind 23 to 32 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph.
Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 18. Windy, with a west wind 23 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph.
Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9. Windy, with a west wind 21 to 26 mph decreasing to 15 to 20 mph after midnight.
Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. West wind 11 to 14 mph.

Bostonian

Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 13. Wind chill values as low as -20. Very windy, with a west wind 34 to 44 mph decreasing to 18 to 28 mph. Winds could gust as high as 70 mph.

70 MPH??? damn... I was looking forward to getting out tomorrow. I doubt I will with that, plus Saturday and Sunday I am busy as hell. Maybe Okemo instead for Wednesday>?

Puck it

70 MPH??? damn... I was looking forward to getting out tomorrow. I doubt I will with that, plus Saturday and Sunday I am busy as hell. Maybe Okemo instead for Wednesday>?
Winds are a problem everywhere.

Bostonian

Well I just put into the NOAA website Loon, and it appears there shouldn't be that much wind...

Mostly sunny, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as zero. West wind around 10 mph.

Maybe that is the alternative?

Puck it

Well I just put into the NOAA website Loon, and it appears there shouldn't be that much wind...

Mostly sunny, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as zero. West wind around 10 mph.

Maybe that is the alternative?
Cannon is calling for 40mph gusts at altitude.

mishka

do they making snow anyway? if not trails will be solid frozen everywhere. Regardless of wind ice is not much fun

mishka

noaa forecast for Gen. Killington area not that scary
Wednesday A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 8am. Partly sunny, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as -3. West wind 9 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.

with little traffic shouldn't be that bad at least half a day

hahaha MR65 it's not important how ammmmm ..... narrow your skis ;-)

Puck it

noaa forecast for Gen. Killington area not that scary
Wednesday A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 8am. Partly sunny, with a high near 23. Wind chill values as low as -3. West wind 9 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.

with little traffic shouldn't be that bad at least half a day

hahaha MR65 it's not important how ammmmm ..... narrow your skis ;-)

The forecast that I was looking is for 3550'. The other forecasts show a little wind but not at altitude. I will decide in the morning when I look at the NRT cam and see if the Canyon quad chairs are swinging.

Last edited:

mishka

how can I get altitude on noaa forecast? currently in their forecast change for tomorrow not much wind at all for Killington area

mishka

I'm not questioning forecast..... simply would love to know where I can look one up myself in the future

Separately
how about Thursday instead of tomorrow?

Tin

Snow-forecast.com For snow at base. Was very very accurate last year
Snowforecast.com (don't trust their snow predictions)
The EMS one has a decent map you can click on and it will take into account elevation.

Emailed you about next week. I have to work Thurs and Fri this week.