• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How many days so far? (2014-2015 Season)

How many days this last season?

• Total voters

Dmiller27

Finally hit 10

Okemo*4
Wildcat
Brenton Woods*2
Waterville Valley
Cannon
Cranmore

This sat and sunday will be 12 both at wildcat

prsboogie

Wachusett x 7
Bretton Woods x 2
Mt Snow
Sunapee
Crotched
Attitash x 2
Stratton

Last edited:

steamboat1

41. 80 is the goal.
A lofty goal. A guy I know is attempting to ski twice his age. Today is day 93 for him. He's skied everyday the mountain has been open so far. He's in his mid-60's. It helps he lives 10 minutes from the mountain.

Me I hope to make 50 but I've already lost several days I could have skied for various reasons.

Last edited:

Vortex

80 is always the goal. Made 79 last year. I kicked myself for bailing early on a few wind hold days.

Terry is usually one of the leaders from this group pushing 100 number.

93 days at the beginning of Feb, The 2nd half should be awesome with the snow pack, sun and warm temps on the horizon soon.

dlague

A lofty goal. A guy I know is attempting to ski twice his age. Today is day 93 for him. He's skied everyday the mountain has been open so far. He's in his mid-60's. It helps he lives 10 minutes from the mountain.

Me I hope to make 50 but I've already lost several days I could have skied for various reasons.

50 is our goal too - currently based on a mapped out potential days we might get to 60. However, working M-F that goal will be about the best we could ever achieve with out being retired, self-employed or working at a ski area

80 is always the goal. Made 79 last year. I kicked myself for bailing early on a few wind hold days.

Terry is usually one of the leaders from this group pushing 100 number.

93 days at the beginning of Feb, The 2nd half should be awesome with the snow pack, sun and warm temps on the horizon soon.

Quite a few people I know make the 100 day mark. The area I frequent most often even gives you a hat after hitting 100 days.

How does someone reach 100+ days? Where do you work? Are they retired? Do they work for a ski resort? I gotsta know!

skiNEwhere

I don't think I could ever get even close to 100 days a season. If I really pushed it and skied literally everyday I had off, I could maybe make it into the 80's.

nolan_rourke

Only been out 1 time this year so far, with all the snow we've gotten recently ill be getting out more.

slatham

For most people with a "normal" schedule (yet a good amount of vacation days) and who don't live close enough to a night skiing area, I calculate a total of 57 POSSIBLE days assuming you start the weekend before Thanksgiving, end it on the 2nd weekend of April, ski both days EVERY weekend, ski 4 days over Thanksgiving, 10 over Christmas, 3 over MLK, and 8 over Presidents week. So anyone skiing over 60 days does not have a normal schedule. And anyone skiing anywhere close to 60 days (with a normal schedule/vacation) probably doesn't have a traditional family life with spouse, kids etc.

Anyway, for me, with the above (plus a 4 hour drive to my home Mountain), I have 17 so far. My goal is to get over 30.

AdironRider

For most people with a "normal" schedule (yet a good amount of vacation days) and who don't live close enough to a night skiing area, I calculate a total of 57 POSSIBLE days assuming you start the weekend before Thanksgiving, end it on the 2nd weekend of April, ski both days EVERY weekend, ski 4 days over Thanksgiving, 10 over Christmas, 3 over MLK, and 8 over Presidents week. So anyone skiing over 60 days does not have a normal schedule. And anyone skiing anywhere close to 60 days (with a normal schedule/vacation) probably doesn't have a traditional family life with spouse, kids etc.

Anyway, for me, with the above (plus a 4 hour drive to my home Mountain), I have 17 so far. My goal is to get over 30.

You seem to base your thinking exclusively on it being lift served skiing. Earning turns would open up 100 day seasons to any weekend warrior willing to earn it after the lifts shut down, or like for most folks even in ski towns, early morning or after work skiing.

chuckstah

What is normal? Ski October til June with lift served and hiking. And then get a few more summer turns in tux or out west. Yes, night skiing is close but I only do 3 or 4 days at the most. Today was 40. Hoping for 100 but I will most likely come up a bit short. Snow is great right now. Get out every day that you can!

snoseek

Live in a ski town, work at Night as much as possible and go out even when its crappy. Also hustle $$$$ in summer so you can take it easy in winter. That's my formula and you better believe it comes with some pretty big sacrifices but it's overall worth it and a happy life