• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How many days so far? (2014-2015 Season)

How many days this last season?

• Total voters

dlague

Well we are at 27 and hope to be at 31 by March 1st. My Son is at 31 now and he plans at being at 36 my March 1st. Our best has been 39 and we will ski into May.

4aprice

19 as of today, 22 or 23 by next week at this time. Picking up the pace with the best part of the season on the horizon. 40+ looks doable still. Will ski deep into April.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

jrmagic

I'm at 21 days now. I only made 4 of 8 days during the vacation week as a result of tweaking my calf early in the week. Felt good to be back on skis on Saturday and then what can I say about yesterday other than it was outstanding!

Cannonball

That feels behind my goals for this season. but compared to recent seasons at this date it is:
- 5 ahead of '13-'14
- 16 ahead of '12-'13
- ?? '11-'12 must have been crappy because I stopped keeping track in January. Plus I was injured.
- Tied with '10-'11 Which was an amazing season!

After doing that math I'm pretty stoked!!

WWF-VT

Yesterday was day 34 for me this season. The snow is deep in northern VT and there are still a few more months of skiing to go.

JimG.

Staff member
At 38 now. I'm on the "at least 3 ski days a week" schedule until season's end.

Adjusting my goal to 65.

xwhaler

At 24 now. Early thought (pre season) was to just match last yr's total of 25. When I began my season on 11/15 and then had 3 days before Dec 1 I thought 30 may be possible.
Now that I haven't missed a wknd since the season began it seems 35 may be possible.
I will have 9 additional days by the end of March at minimum so depending on how deep into April I go will dictate how close to 40 I may land.
Considering I skied 16 days the yr my son was born and 25 days last yr I'm doing pretty well for having a FT job and a 2 yr old at home!

The key for me is not missing any wknds---ski at least once every wknd, mix in some midweek days and long wknd trips and 30+ should be quite doable for most.

Brad J

I am at 23 and will be going out west on Wednesday to ski 7 days. plan on skiing to May 1 . I do ski full days 9-4 with 2 breaks. Many of my friends ski 6 and out and count that as a day. I think a vertical feet would be a better gauge.

dlague

I am at 23 and will be going out west on Wednesday to ski 7 days. plan on skiing to May 1 . I do ski full days 9-4 with 2 breaks. Many of my friends ski 6 and out and count that as a day. I think a vertical feet would be a better gauge.

IMO that is a personal thing. Maybe we should not count days but hours instead? Vertical feet on a busy Saturday versus Vertical feet mid week are also two different beasts as well. 6 hours of groomers is much different than 6 hours or six runs even of trees, steeps or bumps. BTW not saying that you ski groomers. Some people ski way harder than others so to each there own. Some people get out for 2-3 hours in the morning before starting their day - should that not count?

What should not count next, if you are skiing a ski area under 1000 ft vertical? Does it not count if you do BC and get one run in?

IMO a persons day count is their own making so who cares how they count it.

splunge

FINALLY... Going up north for the first time. Cannon day trip for tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cannonball

IMO that is a personal thing. Maybe we should not count days but hours instead? Vertical feet on a busy Saturday versus Vertical feet mid week are also two different beasts as well. 6 hours of groomers is much different than 6 hours or six runs even of trees, steeps or bumps. BTW not saying that you ski groomers. Some people ski way harder than others so to each there own. Some people get out for 2-3 hours in the morning before starting their day - should that not count?

What should not count next, if you are skiing a ski area under 1000 ft vertical? Does it not count if you do BC and get one run in?

IMO a persons day count is their own making so who cares how they count it.

^This.
There is no measure that works across the board.
- Vert feet doesn't work. If a beginner spends all day on the Mtn they may only get 1K'. Can't take that away from them.
- Hours seems like the worst way to count it. Could anything make it seem more like a job?
- Runs? What's a run?

For me personally I count days as "days in which I went skiing". So even if it's only a couple of runs that is still a day in which I went skiing. On the other hand I frequently ski 2 places in a day (occasionally even 3), but I still count that as one day in which I went skiing.

The only reason I even count days is as a self-motivator. I set a high goal for myself at the start of the season. There might be a day that I'm feeling lazy and warm in the house and not totally inclined to get out there. Working towards that goal gets my ass off the couch. Then once I'm on the hill I don't want to leave!

deadheadskier

Staff member
^This.
- Vert feet doesn't work. If a beginner spends all day on the Mtn they may only get 1K'. Can't take that away from them.
- Hours seems like the worst way to count it. Could anything make it seem more like a job?
- Runs? What's a run?

For me personally I count days as "days in which I went skiing". So even if it's only a couple of runs that is still a day in which I went skiing. On the other hand I frequently ski 2 places in a day (occasionally even 3), but I still count that as one day in which I went skiing.

The only reason I even count days is as a self-motivator. I set a high goal for myself at the start of the season. There might be a day that I'm feeling lazy and warm in the house and not totally inclined to get out there. Working towards that goal gets my ass off the couch. Then once I'm on the hill I don't want to leave!

100% this. A day skiing is any day you were on the hill.

And ditto the self motivation part about keeping track of days. It certainly isn't bragging as my totals are rather pathetic compared to some here. But I try and make my days out total be the best it can possibly be for myself given my life schedule.

Lord knows I have skied 100+ days a few times in the past and hope to again someday when I retire.

splunge

Plans changed, going to my grandfather's and skiing Jay Sat and Sun!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

xlr8r

I count runs as well, so for 12 days I am at 251 runs just shy of 21 runs per day. Lowest day was 15 runs, highest is 25. Normal full day I expect to get 20 runs. My goal each season is to get 20 days in so usually I get somewhere around 400 runs a year on average

catsup948

^This.
- Runs? What's a run?

I'm with you. I count anytime I go skiing as a day. Whether it's with my kids or with whoever they all count as one day.

Edd

For me personally I count days as "days in which I went skiing". So even if it's only a couple of runs that is still a day in which I went skiing. On the other hand I frequently ski 2 places in a day (occasionally even 3), but I still count that as one day in which I went

Yeah, if I motivate to go, dress, click in, and ride up the lift, that's a friggin day. Days are not created equal.