• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Battle of the Bergers

Cornhead

Watching Monday Night Football, the two starting QB's are Roethlisberger, and Mettenberger.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

ctenidae

"Berger" is a German surname meaning "Mountain"or "From the mountain." So, who is King of the Hill?

Cornhead

"Berger" is a German surname meaning "Mountain"or "From the mountain." So, who is King of the Hill?

Right now, Mettenberger, Titans lead 24-13 and Roethlisberger was put on his Keister twice in a row.

keister
Dave Wilton, Monday, August 21, 2006

Usually spelled keister (there are many alternate spellings), the original meaning of this American slang word is a satchel or suitcase. A later, and now more common sense, is that of a person’s rump or buttocks.

Dating in English to 1882, the term is from the German Kiste meaning box or case—the slang sense of rump also exists in the German. From George Wilbur Peck’s Peck’s Sunshine of that year: