• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mini AZ Summit, Snow Ridge, Turin NY, 11/22/14

Cornhead

If the winds, and snow, shift to the South later this week, there's a good chance Snow Ridge will open Saturday. If they do, I and fellow AZers Scotty, and Rambo will be there. I think some of you chowdaheads should consider a road trip to join us. Hey, Snow Ridge may be in my home State, but it ain't exactly in my backyard, 150 miles one way. If I can drive 500 miles to ski two trails at K, you should consider a road trip to beautiful upstate NY to ski some pre Thanksgiving pow!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

ScottySkis

Carpool from Binnampton NY? Sweet turn s awaiting us lake effect powder light lines going to sweet on the Watea s.!!!

murff81

Finally someone talking about upstate NY!!! Snow Ridge had to have been hammered, fort drum/Watertown got hit hard

Gore this weekend.....

Cornhead

Finally someone talking about upstate NY!!! Snow Ridge had to have been hammered, fort drum/Watertown got hit hard

Gore this weekend.....

Not yet, been hitting Watertown, 30 miles North, hopefully the winds will shift South a little. It's been hard walking around with my toes crossed.

SIKSKIER

From their FB page:
Unfortunately, at this point (10am Tues) we have not received any new snow. We have blue skies and sunshine. Just waiting for the "big" snow that is forecast for this area. Lake effect warning is on thru Wednesday afternoon and lake effect snow watch is thru Friday morning.

Cornhead

Not so fast, Snow Ridge got 10" last night, and I'm hopeful the winds will shift their way again before the warning is over, Friday.
uploadfromtaptalk1416409011742.jpg

SIKSKIER

I just found this on their FB page:
We received 16" of snow overnight. More is expected later today and tomorrow. Keep checking back. If we get another 15" of so, we MAY be open on Saturday. Key word being MAY. Will make final decision on Friday afternoon.

Cornhead

Supposed to be sunny and 33° Saturday, bluebird, roads will be clear until you're almost there, come on Puck it and Tin, f K, you'll have a lot more fun at Snow Ridge, no crowds either. Sometimes upstate NY isn't a bad place to live as a skier.

Puck it

Supposed to be sunny and 33° Saturday, bluebird, roads will be clear until you're almost there, come on Puck it and Tin, f K, you'll have a lot more fun at Snow Ridge, no crowds either. Sometimes upstate NY isn't a bad place to live as a skier.

I know Snow Ridge well from growing up. It is a blast. But I have family commitments Saturday.

Cornhead

I know Snow Ridge well from growing up. It is a blast. But I have family commitments Saturday.

Boo, sometimes it sucks being an adult, I let you know if I ever become one. Yep, love, love, love Snow Ridge, wish it were taller, but a ton o fun still.

murff81

Some great skiing today at Snow Ridge...some absolutely great pow!! Not sure if anyone else made it out there (crappy cell phone pic)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416687272444.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416687272444.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 80

murff81

Since the storm was very hit and miss on quantities, how much did they get?
According to there website 36'' since Tuesday, but I would say about a foot of ski-able powder

Surprisingly when I left (@ 1:30) there was still plenty of spots of un-tracked areas with fresh pow

ScottySkis

Good snow great time their need to go back and hit trees and other stuff. Lasso should buy the place. 1,000,000 so cheap.