• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This Weekend - Best Bang For Your Time

Madroch

Mid season not sure Okemo is my thing but now maybe it's the play. I love stowe and have done the drive to south Burlington after working a full day before, but they don't open till Saturday and I need to get the better half at the airport Sunday at 2. Makes that a long drive for the time on snow.

Same here- I'm not an okemo fan mid or late season- but they have been real aggressive early- last year I logged almost 40k feet on 11/17 lapping the old quad on multiple top to bottom cruisers.

That being said - if i ski this weekend May go all the way up (for me) to Stowe- due to the quad/six not running at okemo.

VTKilarney

Mount Snow just posted this:
We expect to have a dozen trails open for you on Friday so wake up those legs because winter is here!! Some trails you can expect to see open include Canyon, Cascade, Long John, Ridge, Snowdance, Launch Pad and Beaver Hill; just to name a few. The Gulch will also be open over at Carinthia loaded with features to jib and get creative on.

Lift ticket rates for Nov. 21 - 23 will be $65 for adults, $55 for youth and seniors (age 6-18, 65+) and kids 5 and under are $5. Lower mountain lift tickets will be $35 and there's no half-day ticket rate.

We plan to have three lifts running to get you up and out there. You can expect to ride the Bluebird Express and Discovery Shuttle on the Main Face, and Heavy Metal servicing Carinthia. Lifts will run from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday the 21st though Sunday the 23rd.

The lift tickets are no bargain, but you would likely make up for it in gasoline savings.

slatham

Wow, Stowe is killing it. Amazing they got that much snow. If I could I would.....

In the last 24 hours snow has been made on the following trails: Standard, Fifth Avenue, Lower North Slope, Crossover, T-Line, Lullabye Lane, Inspiration, Upper Meadows, Meadows, Competition Hill, and Slalom Hill. The big news though is that our snowmakers plan to fire up the snow guns on Liftline this afternoon from top-to-bottom. We plan to blast away on Liftline over the next couple of days in hopes of having that open this weekend.

Madroch

Snow is a maybe- which line will be longer say bluebird or forerunner? Guesses?

steamboat1

Wow, Stowe is killing it. Amazing they got that much snow. If I could I would.....

In the last 24 hours snow has been made on the following trails: Standard, Fifth Avenue, Lower North Slope, Crossover, T-Line, Lullabye Lane, Inspiration, Upper Meadows, Meadows, Competition Hill, and Slalom Hill. The big news though is that our snowmakers plan to fire up the snow guns on Liftline this afternoon from top-to-bottom. We plan to blast away on Liftline over the next couple of days in hopes of having that open this weekend.
That's just a list of trails they've blown snow on this week. There are other trails that were open last weekend not on that list that I'm sure will be open this weekend too.

farlep99

Mount Snow just posted this:

Lift ticket rates for Nov. 21 - 23 will be $65 for adults, $55 for youth and seniors (age 6-18, 65+) and kids 5 and under are $5. Lower mountain lift tickets will be $35 and there's no half-day ticket rate.

$65?? That seems a bit high, no? wow...

VTKilarney

It seems high to me too, but you also have to factor gasoline expenses into the equation. For one person it's not as bad as it sounds if they are driving alone to go skiing.

SnowRock

Thanks all.. Sugarloaf is a bit out of the range for even a nut like me. I can do 6 but 8 hours for two days is pushing it.... Stowe would be the call if they were open tomorrow. Maybe I'll try Okemo then Snow which will position me closer to newark for sunday.

VTKilarney

More passengers the cheaper :argue:
Mt. Snow is a worse deal as you add passengers. Each passenger pays the higher lift ticket price - but the savings in gas does not increase as you add more passengers in the vehicle.

skifree

ct ski council gets early season group rates at mountain snow.

1 DAY $46 $40
1 DAY NON SAT $38 $35
2 DAY $72 $64
3 DAY $95 $75
4 DAY $120 $86

tnt1234

Mt. Snow is a worse deal as you add passengers. Each passenger pays the higher lift ticket price - but the savings in gas does not increase as you add more passengers in the vehicle.

The cost of gas is fixed. The car will cost X to drive to mt. Snow wether there is 1 or 4 in the car....

Let X=cost of gas to drive to Mt. Snow.
Let Y = Cost of lift ticket.

If there is one in the car, the cost of the outing is X + Y

If there are 4 people in the car, each person's cost is 1/4X + Y which is less than X+Y.

reefer

$38.00 non Saturday, $46.00 Saturday until Christmas for Ct Ski council members. Pays for membership after two visits.....................
Wish I could pull tomorrow off but I'll probably go Tuesday if they survive Mondays weather.

edit: oooops sorry for the repost, better type faster

Smellytele

You lost me. If 1 person is driving to Mt snow they are paying for all the gas. If 5 people are in the same car you split the cost amongst the 5...

Smellytele

The cost of gas is fixed. The car will cost X to drive to mt. Snow wether there is 1 or 4 in the car....

Let X=cost of gas to drive to Mt. Snow.
Let Y = Cost of lift ticket.

If there is one in the car, the cost of the outing is X + Y

If there are 4 people in the car, each person's cost is 1/4X + Y which is less than X+Y.

+1. Well kind of if you want to be anal with more weight - worse gas mileage but still cheaper.

farlep99

Screw that calculations & what not. Point is $65 is awfully expensive for very limited terrain this early in the season.