• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pathetic Attempt at snowmaking....Hunter!

mriceyman

They have 2 routes down for opening day. I mean i agree that they could have done a little more but they are opening on time. Maybe they are skeptical with warmup on monday.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

Given they used to be the self-proclaimed, "king of snow-making" it is odd they haven't gone full-bore given these awesome temps. The 2 or 3 day warmup shouldn't hurt too badly for most (thought the Poconos should worry).

catskillman

Given they used to be the self-proclaimed, "king of snow-making" it is odd they haven't gone full-bore given these awesome temps. The 2 or 3 day warmup shouldn't hurt too badly for most (thought the Poconos should worry).
They are closed Monday - Thursday next week also.

catskillman

now about the season pass debacle......
Yeah - heard the printer is not working and you need to get a lift ticket... I'll have to get there very early tomorrow morning.......

deadheadskier

Staff member
seriously?

Crotched's pass system wasn't functioning when I showed up last year. I got a ticket and went skiing. Thought nothing of it. I also had to go to Customer Service at Attitash to get an entirely different season pass when I went skiing there because Crotched didn't have the same system as the other mountains on the pass. I think in total, I wasted 30 minutes of my time between the two scenarios. Not that big of a deal

Funky_Catskills

Still no printer! I told Sarah I will NOT wait in a line for my pass or a ticket. This is bull$hit! I should print out my receipt for the season pass and show it at the lift!

WTF? The main reason I even get a season pass is so I can just walk on the lift... Hope they fix that...

Scruffy

Chill out folks, it wasn't that bad. They have a separate table setup, off to the side of the normal lift line, for pass holders; you give'em your name, they look you up and give you a FREE lift ticket. The issue is, as told to me by the guy giving me the free ticket, they are converting to a new RFID system and all the last minute kinks are not ironed out. They are hoping to get it ironed out any day now, be happy they are open this early. And value pass holders ( mid-week) are honored this weekend.

Skiing was great today, snowmaking all over, Hunter 1, Mossy up to base of F, new fans on mainline. Nice powder bumps on the edges. Tomorrow will be a different story... Got my ticket already too. The RFID issue is with the layover of their Logo. My offer to help last weekend, but was politely declined. I fee bad for Sarah, its tough job.

catskills

Wow talk about your high maintenance consumers with high expectations.

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
I didn't bother to wait in line, just went skiing.......it's not like they were going to check to see if anybody had lift tickets anyway!! Two days of skiing with three friends, not once were we asked to show a lift ticket.