• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Injury report 14/15

Rikka

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I was at Waterville Valley 12/18 having. A great day. The flat light conditions got the better of me around 3 pm. Hit a pile of fluff with the left ski. The right ski was on some boiler plate. Well I performed a grounded spread eagle and face planted at a pretty good clip. Left ski released and the right ski and I went for a 300 foot body surfing ride. All said and done ... Tore MCL in my right knee and will find out about the acl Tuesday.....hopefully I will be back in 6 to 8 weeks... I know if the acl is torn, I will be done for the season.... What a bummer.....

Hope you heal up fast................" around 3PM" A short while back someone mentioned most accidents happen after 2:30 when youre tired .Not sure if that played a part or just the Flat light.
Last Saturday after 2:00 I started feeling a little tired and a ski straying on occasion so bagged it .
So much good advice on this Forum

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Hope you heal up fast................" around 3PM" A short while back someone mentioned most accidents happen after 2:30 when youre tired .Not sure if that played a part or just the Flat light.
Last Saturday after 2:00 I started feeling a little tired and a ski straying on occasion so bagged it .
So much good advice on this Forum

Ya know the same thought occurred to me about 2:00 and I took one more run and my legs were screaming at me to stop. So I stretched, rested and took my last run and wasn't sure I'd make it cause I was cramping up at that point. I was done by 2:45. I fell several times during the day, one was a double e. Coulda been hurt my self but I was fortunate.

Heal well Rikka where ever you are.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Rikka

Thanks Bob..
Yes I think the legs were getting tired.
A little bummed out about missing the spear express opening, as I am a ragged pass holder.

dlague

Well this weekends skiing was cut short. While skiing a glade at Ragged my wife got bitten by a snow shark. While I stuck to tracked areas she decided to go for an untracked area and skied under a branch hidden under the powder. She ejected and went to break her fall and her thumb on a tree and broke it. She was told not to ski until she has visited an ortho. Damn right before AZ Summit. She will skin there but will have to be more careful.

skifree

Dislocated a thumb a few years Back on a double eject . Very painful. I went rest of season without poles.
Good luck and hope it heals quick.

steamboat1

Well this weekends skiing was cut short. While skiing a glade at Ragged my wife got bitten by a snow shark. While I stuck to tracked areas she decided to go for an untracked area and skied under a branch hidden under the powder. She ejected and went to break her fall and her thumb on a tree and broke it. She was told not to ski until she has visited an ortho. Damn right before AZ Summit. She will skin there but will have to be more careful.
So your wife now has skiers thumb. No big deal. She'll be able to ski at the summit. Broke mine about 10 years ago. Next weekend I was out skiing again. What I did was put a wool sock over the cast, then a plastic bag over that with rubber bands wrapped around the wrist to hold the plastic bag on, worked out really well. Was even able to hold a ski pole. The only issue I had was I needed someone else to zip up my parka. I'm sure you could handle that for her. Kinda hard to zip up with one hand. Did this for several outings. She sounds like a trooper. I wouldn't worry about her being able to ski next weekend. Have a great time.

Tin

As someone who had to have a thumb rebuilt last year get more than one opinion. One ortho said it was broken but I went to a second because I had broken fingers before and this was different, come to find out it was broken in multiple spots and I had torn both major ligaments in my thumb. The difference in that surgery versus a cast was severely limited mobility and very early arthritis versus a new thumb. Crazy but given how my other thumb feels I wouldn't mind blowing it out and having it rebuilt if it meant less pain and less arthritis in the future.