• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett opening day

hockeybaby617

Goig to wachusett tomorrow for their opening day. Im sure it will be a zoo but hopefully well worth it. They will be selling their lift tickets at a DISCOUNT price! There will be a few green, blues and black trails open (atleast they are claiming so). Will happily post photos and updates afterwards! Anyone here ever gone there on opening day?? Curious as to past seasons hpw the conditions have been.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Goig to wachusett tomorrow for their opening day. Im sure it will be a zoo but hopefully well worth it. They will be selling their lift tickets at a DISCOUNT price! There will be a few green, blues and black trails open (atleast they are claiming so). Will happily post photos and updates afterwards! Anyone here ever gone there on opening day?? Curious as to past seasons hpw the conditions have been.

I haven't been on opening day, but let us know how it is! Their FB pictures make it look pretty good.

The Sneak

Was there from 8 to 10:30 this morning. Shockingly good snow. Ralph's was edge to edge, Challenger not quite in places.

Irritating detour on rt 140 though. Beware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hockeybaby617

Nick it was great!! Nice a soft for your butt to land on when you fall but still firm lol. Was a tad bit sticky today, but cant complain otherwise. Lift tickets were $36. Well worth it. Only 2 blue trails open and 2 greens. Honestly, im very impressed with how well the slopes were.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Ha ha someone has never done laps on Challenger......

Nope...Now I have to lookup "Challenger" , My guess it's an Oxymoron....

edit.. I love website trailmaps...LOL after 8 clicks you can finally read the trails.
Whats with the "Old growth areas "can't read whats printed below.
Are they no ski areas ?

Last edited:

hrstrat57

edit.. I love website trailmaps...LOL after 8 clicks you can finally read the trails.
Are they no ski areas ?

- - - - -

Don't bother, it is a blue trail at Wachusett, where the Nastar and beer league course is located when set up.

2 1/2 hours is too long and $36 is too much.......perhaps OK if Hitchcock and Conifer were open.

Full day weekend liftie is going to be $63!!!

Nuts to that, I am out on Wa......but I expect the Bogner crowd will continue to pay up....
You ski Elk Mountain SBS? Now that is a nice hill!

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com

Are they no ski areas ?

- - - - -

Don't bother, it is a blue trail at Wachusett, where the Nastar and beer league course is located when set up.

2 1/2 hours is too long and $36 is too much.......perhaps OK if Hitchcock and Conifer were open.

Full day weekend liftie is going to be $63!!!

Nuts to that, I am out on Wa......but I expect the Bogner crowd will continue to pay up....
You ski Elk Mountain SBS? Now that is a nice hill!

SBS? Elk Pa.? Love the place

mishka

Friday actually was very nice.Keyword low expectation lol
Usually I don't ski at lower mountain lift but challenger was okay. I laped Challenger from 10 to 3.... guns was running all day long and it was relatively windy

Forgot to mention most annoying part of the day was lift running relatively slow and CONSTANTLY stop and go. Stops was short no more than a minute or two often twice in one lift right

Last edited: