• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A White T-Day?

Jersey Skier

Have you been out in it? Its really wet and gloppy. If you pack it down it may be ok but unpacked it will be meh. Best thing would be for it to freeze.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Was hoping for a fat bike ride today or tomorrow, but the slush so far isn't looking promising.

Euler

It's been snowing hard since 11:00. (SoVT). 3 inches down at his point

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

WJenness

Pretty much all snow here in Woburn, stickage on cars and grassy surfaces... No pavement stickage (yet).

ScottySkis

About a foot down in Sullivan County south part of it elevation I guess 1500 feet maybe . snowing more now.

catsup948

5-7 inched down here. Very hard to tell, snow is super wet. Probably much much more at elevation around here. Berkshire east trashing my skis tomorrow for a dawn patrol!

slatham

Bromley, 6pm, 6"+ and dumping. 28 degrees at 2,300'. Heavier than average but by no means wet snow. Drier from here on out as temps continue to drop.

ScottySkis

It must got rain where I live since I got home at 4 . Enjoyed some MJ for nice afternoon watch snow fall day. Just shoveled wet cement compact 4 inches of slop. Hopefully it staying light er at elevation?

BenedictGomez

Just your annual reminder that those numbers are for total snowfall fallen from the sky, not necessarily accumulated snowfall.

Especially a storm like this so early in the season preceded by a couple really warm day, it can snow a good number of inches before it starts to stick.

As always, the exact track trumps all, but the gist of the models handled this storm relatively well. I can say that from the moment I left the house this morning in nw NJ to the time I arrived late afternoon in ne VT, it never stopped snowing. I think the snow totals will verify in more areas that not after adjusting the storm path.