• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A White T-Day?

13.5 inches, almost final total (deformation band should drop another inch as it sweeps through)

Very nice region wide 8-14 inch dump to kick off the season.

Puck it

The drive back from Kton was slow. 3 1/2 + hours. Cars off the road left and right even a tow truck trying to get someone out on 93S by Hooksett.

yeggous

A foot of fresh snow at Sugarbush today

Weak. This was a typical coastal storm. The winners were Sunday River, Wildcat, and Crotched with 15" of fresh. On the flip side make sure to fill up the gas tank before driving north tonight. About 1/3 of New Hampshire is without power.

EDIT: Who am I kidding? I am just jealous. Snow storms on Thanksgiving are just a waste of good snow.

Last edited:

bigbog

A foot of fresh snow at Sugarbush today

Lower ~4" (of ~12" total) = sticky...some water content(in my yahd'..in Bangor)....so imagine it's a pretty nice three days+ in the mtns(SL & SR), but has to be a little dryer(ie terrific) with elevation in the Green Mtns.

Last edited:

catsup948

Savoy, MA may have been the winner. I've seen some reports of 18 inches up in that area. No resorts up there but there is some darn good skiing up there.

jimk

They got ~13" at Canaan Valley, WV. This was posted on Turkey Day by a local:
cv.jpg
My son is starting his season today at Liberty Mtn, PA while I'm at work:angry: , but I hope to make some tracks soon.
Nice Thanksgiving for skiers all up and down the East Coast and I guess throughout much of the Intermountain West.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Okemo claims a foot. I'd say 6 to 8" is more accurate. Skiing is good, but snowmaking trails only.

yeggous

Okemo claims a foot. I'd say 6 to 8" is more accurate. Skiing is good, but snowmaking trails only.

Bretton Woods is amazing. Ropes dropping everywhere and families are sticking to the groomers. Boot deep is everywhere and it is still snowing.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

jack97

Bretton Woods is amazing. Ropes dropping everywhere and families are sticking to the groomers. Boot deep is everywhere and it is still snowing.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

please keep this quiet......:p

Been going to BW for a while, typically they have been slow to groom everything after a dump and yes most of the skier/rider stick to the groomers so it leaves alot of powder for the rest.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Are there any bumps to be found, or is it all groomed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower Tomahawk had ok areas of bumps, the Plunge was GS push piles with 20 foot long ice "troughs"; not sure why they bothered leaving it ungroomed. Not fun. It was a groomer say at Okemo for sure and they skied well. A couple areas of fresh on the sides to play in, but I didn't venture too far away from the snowmaking surface due to limited natural.