• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A White T-Day?

BenedictGomez

Fwiw, the Canuck is still flatter than Bretton Woods. Way OTS.

Yeah, the Canadian is stubbornly on an island predicting a bust. It will be a massive model-win for Canada if this goes OTS. Like somebody betting on Buster Douglas before the Tyson fight.

The other interesting thing is that the experimental and improved version of the GFS also shows no storm, whereas the regular GFS everyone uses has the big storm. Soooooo...... if there IS a storm, what kind of "improvement" is the experimental version if the crappy version had it right (albeit late)?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I wish they would cut the "nor'easter" crap. I noticed the weather channel was calling the buffalo event "snowmageddon" (dope slap, please), which the buffalo media (cool heads prevailed) called it Snovember.

Back to the topic at hand. When the Euro talks, I listen. Too bad I'm not putting the snows on until December!

And now the GGEM (one of the Canuck models) caves to the GFS. RGEM still says OTS.

The new GFS has been saying storm for a while now (albeit for SNE), and it's been slowly inching west over the past 24 hours.

BenedictGomez

DT is clearly going with the recent, more juiced-up, snowier Euro for his call.

Shifts storm well inland where the colder air is, leading to higher totals, predicting some jackpot areas could get 12".

10801853_779687868745140_186832875515945318_n.jpg

Savemeasammy

I wish they would cut the "nor'easter" crap. I noticed the weather channel was calling the buffalo event "snowmageddon" (dope slap, please), which the buffalo media (cool heads prevailed) called it Snovember.

Back to the topic at hand. When the Euro talks, I listen. Too bad I'm not putting the snows on until December!

I will look at TWC online to get an idea of what sort of temps to expect in the coming days, and whether rain is in the forecast. Otherwise I ignore them. I used to be a big fan 20ish years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

Euro should be here any minute now....

EDIT: Hearing it kicked a fair bit east....haven't seen a picture yet. Also doesnt necessarily mean the ensembles will to.