• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 11/27: Thanksgiving Powder!

C-Rex

Left at 0 dark thirty this morning thinking the roads would be mess but ended up getting to the mountain around 8:00. Paid $38 with my CT Ski Council card. Ended up on the 2nd chair. They had groomed the green trails but the blues just had a strip of corduroy down the middle. A good foot of powder made everything soft and creamy. We did a few runs on the main mountain and then shot over to Carinthia. Only one trail had features but with plenty of fresh tracks to be had, we let the park rats waste their time with those. The sides of the trails were fantastic all day over there when they got tracked out by lunch on the Main face. Nothing new opened to my knowledge but I wouldn't be surprised if they open more for the weekend. The snow was perfect for this time of year. Light enough to be playful, but dense enough to pack down and add much needed base depth.

I felt a little guilty turning down dinner offers from family at first but getting a day like today in November is pretty rare. Best first day I've had in years. I just hope it's a sign of things to come.

Savemeasammy

Nicely done. One of these days you'll be married, have a few kids, and will spend thanksgiving powder days at your in-laws. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C-Rex

Nicely done. One of these days you'll be married, have a few kids, and will spend thanksgiving powder days at your in-laws. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I came close to that life once a few years a go, but I Matrix dodged it in the form of divorce. Now I search for that elusive girl that loves this stuff too. Although, I acknowledge that I'll probably die looking. Oh well, no regrets. Plus, all you married guys need someone to live vicariously through, right?

drjeff

More ropes likely to drop tomorrow (Saturday) - probably Mineshaft at Carinthia and Lodge to lower Exhibition on the Main Face with Freefall + River Run on the Northface on Sunday! The "chronic flurry" that's been going on for most of the day if it keeps up will likely drop the rope on a few lower angle trails and/or some lower angle trees very soon! :)

And literally the 1st beer of the season in the newly renovated Station Taproom (a Stone Milk Stout) didn't suck either today! :)

ScottySkis

Looking excellent. Next time I plan on going let me know a few days a head if time. Looking like you got some powder white lines

C-Rex

Looking excellent. Next time I plan on going let me know a few days a head if time. Looking like you got some powder white lines

Thinking about Stowe this weekend. It's a CSC awareness weekend. Might go up Saturday morning, find a cheap hotel, and ride sunday too. Interested?

steamboat1

Thinking about Stowe this weekend. It's a CSC awareness weekend. Might go up Saturday morning, find a cheap hotel, and ride sunday too. Interested?
I'll be there Fri. to take advantage of the reduced price ticket. I don't belong to CSC, don't have to to take advantage. Hope they can get the gondi going before then.