• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Greek Peak Opening Day, 11/28/14

Cornhead

Date(s) Skied: 11/28/14

Resort or Ski Area: Greek Peak

Conditions: Powder, PP

Trip Report:
Ski day 3, Greek got about 6" from Wednesday's storm, and an additional 2" of lake effect. They made the wise decision of stockpiling the snow they did make during the last "Polar Vortex". Iliad was the only open trail, it was groomed to perfection, well, groomed to perfection by GP standards. No evidence of GWI. The ungroomed side skied even better. Rock skis, though not a must, sure were nice to be on. A few deep gouges, no core shots. Kudos to GP for not posting closed signs for the ungroomed half, they have in the past. Patrol did plant a closed sign at the very top, I think because there were snow making lines that needed to be crossed to ski it from the top.

Thanks to the suggestion of a Harvey Road forum member, not sure if he's here too, ml242, I dropped my new skis and bindings off at GP's shop to be mounted, they'll be ready for pick up tomorrow AM.
uploadfromtaptalk1417206383856.jpg
Untracked
uploadfromtaptalk1417206383856.jpg
Tracked

uploadfromtaptalk1417206473781.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1417206518891.jpg
Christmas Train

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Cornhead

Thanks Warp, not too shabby a November, 4 ski days, 2 powder days, one Spring conditions day, and one " Hey, I'm skiing in November, on my new skis!" day. Looking forward to December.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2