• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Camelback Opening day 11/28/14

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Conditions
Packed Powder, 3/4" dusted cordroy.....some petrified

Got there around 8:15 in an extended snow squall.Forgot goggles , in line for 2nd chair. The Staff was doing some PR for FB page , was approached by a young lady who asked me to say a few sentences about Camelback, I politely declined ( did'nt want to get her trouble as I had a big Elk / Loaf sticker on my helmet LOL. I guess I'll spring for a sticker this year.
Headed for Margies, conditions and wax made things fast , diped over for a few turns in some of the fresh 8'' they received ,wind picked up a bit and hit upper cleo and drained to honeymoon for a slower run, was solo so singles line was moving fast . back to Margies as I did'nt see the 9 runs they said were open. the cord at the bottom of honey moon was pretty hard after wind removed dust. About 25 runs
Very happy with conditions for November.Lift line started to extend so I had enough

edit...As I drove up the entrance rd I gotcrawler.jpg a glimpse of the huge new water park building. The profile looked familiar

Last edited:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
CamelBackwards
How were the lines? I ended up at Blue today instead since it looked like they had more terrain open. I'll wait until CB has more than Marje's and Honeymoon open.

10-15 min , single 0-5 min. They were making snow on other trails, looks like they were making snow on the Hump and Ceaser , diffcult to see how much progress on other trails with the natural.nice day !I need a set of Goggles to fit over my glasses, Margies had some flat light areas, Seems I would hit those right as my eyes started to water.
Did Blue have any mogul runs open?

Last edited:

Rowsdower

CamelBackwards

10-15 min , single 0-5 min. They were making snow on other trails, looks like they were making snow on the Hump and Ceaser , diffcult to see how much progress on other trails with the natural.nice day !I need a set of Goggles to fit over my glasses, Margies had some flat light areas, Seems I would hit those right as my eyes started to water.
Did Blue have any mogul runs open?

They had Upper Main/Barney's Bumps open but there aren't really any moguls on it yet. I would expect that to change soon though.