• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Moguls. Anywhere....? Anywhere...?

Savemeasammy

Has anyone encountered any bumps out there? I'm skiing on Sunday, and I'm hoping to find some moguls. Killington is the target, but the trail report makes it look as though the groomers are going to flatten everything... I hope not.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

KevinF

I was at Stowe last weekend... Liftline, Centerline and Hayride all had bumps. I think Hayride and Liftline have since been groomed out, but Centerline is almost never groomed, so they should still have some bumps going there.

yeggous

Bretton Woods was getting some bumps on the upper part of Crawfords Blaze.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Savemeasammy

Depends. Do you like your moguls with or without seeds ?

They both have their merits. I enjoy both, as long as they have good spacing and some semblance of a rhythm.

I'm pretty sure that the amount of terrain vs. ticket prices being charged is going to steer me to Killington for the 2fer deal. I'm sure there are others out there wondering about moguls, too. Hopefully they will be on the increase after today!

603Skier

We were at Killington on Thursday the powder was sweet and even though we ducked ropes all day when we were on the trails they were starting to build up a little but there was ice pack underneath it and I would imagine that they will flatten them out. It's funny someone on the gondolas told us we would never find fresh tracks at Killington about a half hour later I was watching my son drop the first track on a trail. I guess he just doesn't know where to look. Or maybe he's not very adventurous.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Any updates for today? Leaning towards Cannon or Killington tomorrow. Would like to hear reports from either today.

uphill

I saw plenty of bumps at cannon from the road on the front 5 today, but can speak to quality. We skinned up so we selected the forbidden trails for descents that we were able to scout.

Savemeasammy

For the money, Killington is the call. I saw pics of the cannon bumps. For the most part, they look they are in the natural snow areas, so I'm sure with tomorrow's mild weather the troughs will be nothing but dirt in short order... Hopefully Killington will deliver.

steamboat1

According to most on here Killington sucks. Pat's or Crotched would be a much better call, maybe even Bretton Woods. I've heard rumors about bumps in PA. too.

SkiFanE

No dedicated bump run at Sunday River but I was in The bumps 100% of the time Friday and Saturday. By end of day Saturday the bumps from weds snow were getting better and better. Just hope they didn't groom the shit out of them Saturday night, they tend do that. Yeah, like someone said, if you weren't in The bumps you were skiing on ice by 10am.

The he snow that fell on weds at SR was the perfect ski snow - not too dry, not too wet.

edited: just need to not worry about the bases of your skiis, maybe some junk in the natural snow. Was it here I read "you can have fun OR have nice skiis" lol, that kind of day. My 8day old skiis are showing it lol.

Savemeasammy

Some decent bumps on middle superstar skiers right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk