• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone hit sunday river yet?

Smellytele

Saturday doesn't look great...

• Saturday Rain, snow, and sleet before 1pm, then rain, possibly mixed with sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then sleet likely after 4pm. High near 37. South wind around 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
  • Saturday Night A chance of sleet before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

rydob89

Haven't been there in a few years. Anyone been through any of the new glades they cut in the last year or two?

Vortex

Been at the river 12 days so far, Well Partial days. Not enough snow for the glades yet. Snow had been good for early season. They will have from Locke to Aurora open at least. Nice and spread out. No crowds yet. Been pretty good. Since the last trip report i read the goomers have done a nice job and expansion continues.

SkiFanE

Thanks! Love reports like this that keep people home on the weekends :) It's gonna suck - go to NH or VT..."rain, possibly mixed with sleet"...deadly stuff.

Saturday doesn't look great...

• Saturday Rain, snow, and sleet before 1pm, then rain, possibly mixed with sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then sleet likely after 4pm. High near 37. South wind around 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
  • Saturday Night A chance of sleet before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Smellytele

Thanks! Love reports like this that keep people home on the weekends :) It's gonna suck - go to NH or VT..."rain, possibly mixed with sleet"...deadly stuff.

Actually it should be shitty in NH and VT on Saturday as well. I wasn't saying this to say anything bad about SR.

SkiFanE

Actually it should be shitty in NH and VT on Saturday as well. I wasn't saying this to say anything bad about SR.

Oh, I didn't take it that way. We ski at SR eveyr weekend, no matter what the weather is expected to be. So often what is expected is so far off the mark - and usually in a good way. So days when people stay home b/c the wind is going to be ripping is often a calm day and the bad forecast kept people away. Honestly...I'd say forecasts that look bad on Thursday end up being false 75% of the time - I'm always so thankful I went skiing even though predictions were originally bad.