• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tenney? Hello? Is this thing on?

Newpylong

I think you folks are underestimating the amount of work needed to re-open a ski area that has been dormant, especially for 5 years. Tenney is not small, there is a lot of infrastructure in place, or was prior to closing and being vandalized, broken, or succumbing to nature.

Not making excuses up as I question the viability long term but as far as work goes, even if he opens this year it will take a lot more time to get the place just to where it was prior to closing. I speak from experience.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I have no doubt there's a ton of work to be done. I guess that when you read about plans for things like a mountain top conference center, the assumption is there's a great deal of financial backing. With great financial resources time obstacles can be overcome by allocating additional labor.

Every day they remain closed is an additional movement in the red territory on the balance sheet. That's all I'm saying.

Hopefully they get lucky with mother nature this year and the hornet spins.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I have no doubt there's a ton of work to be done. I guess that when you read about plans for things like a mountain top conference center, the assumption is there's a great deal of financial backing. With great financial resources time obstacles can be overcome by allocating additional labor.

Every day they remain closed is an additional movement in the red territory on the balance sheet. That's all I'm saying.

Hopefully they get lucky with mother nature this year and the hornet spins.

Completely agree.

So will they open this year?

MG Skier

Tenney's lifts are certified! I am pulling for them (Michael and team) big time. Every time I hike there it looks better and better! Last year he didn't have enough "umph" left in a broken/elderly snowmaking system. Hopefully with the repairs and some cooperative temps and snowfall he can open. It is all about time and $$$ at this point. Last I read he is hoping to run the Eclipse side for sure and the Hornet side with enough snowfall.

Mapnut

Yeah, they post more than weekly on Facebook and that's what he said. Sounds like they had too many problems with the old pipe on the summit lift side to make snow this year.

Newpylong

Hornet side is not ruled out at all for snowmaking, they are in process of welding repairs. Depends on how much he gets done.

MG Skier

Lets hope he gets the goods from mother nature and he can get lots fixed enough to expand terrain. I have never skied there and after hiking a few trails, I'd like to ski them!

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
What this about a lawsuit?

This from their Facebook account.

All great questions but we have to wait another few weeks on this law suit that's hanging over our head these past few months... then we'll give the updated roll out plan... but so you know, public pressure is not going to cause us to take short cuts - safety first and engineering once... time will tell...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 3.48.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 3.48.12 PM.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 219

thetrailboss

Staff member
What this about a lawsuit?

This from their Facebook account.

attachment.php

+ 1

Inquiring minds want to know. From what I have seen, there is some dispute either over the sale of the resort or one of the partners who bought it.

dlague

+ 1

Inquiring minds want to know. From what I have seen, there is some dispute either over the sale of the resort or one of the partners who bought it.

I wonder if that is still related to the partner that was being tried for embezzling that is no longer with them. Keith Fitzgerald was removed from Tenney and I found this related to him - A Center Harbor man facing charges of abusing a power of attorney to shuffle money from bank accounts belonging to his terminally ill father to those he controlled, is seeking a $375,000 attachment against a Plymouth ski area.

http://laconiadailysun.com/newsx/lo...ealing-750-000-from-terminally-ill-father-584

http://www.citizen.com/news/2016-04...er_seeks_375K_attachment_against_former_.html

On another note, I found the description for Tenney in this link rather interesting.

http://e2eglobal.com/clients-partners.html

Smellytele

I wonder if that is still related to the partner that was being tried for embezzling that is no longer with them. Keith Fitzgerald was removed from Tenney and I found this related to him - A Center Harbor man facing charges of abusing a power of attorney to shuffle money from bank accounts belonging to his terminally ill father to those he controlled, is seeking a $375,000 attachment against a Plymouth ski area.

http://laconiadailysun.com/newsx/lo...ealing-750-000-from-terminally-ill-father-584

http://www.citizen.com/news/2016-04...er_seeks_375K_attachment_against_former_.html

On another note, I found the description for Tenney in this link rather interesting.

That second article is the shortest article I have ever read

thetrailboss

Staff member

That's it.

The last item is their old description of their idea for the place. I admit it is an odd idea.

slickrick

Looks like they are asking for volunteers to help do some work this weekend. This is the first I've seen a resort do this. I've never seen a for-profit company ask for volunteers. While it gets the community involved, it doesn't quite project the strong financial picture they've been trying to paint...

SIKSKIER

Looks like they are asking for volunteers to help do some work this weekend. This is the first I've seen a resort do this. I've never seen a for-profit company ask for volunteers. While it gets the community involved, it doesn't quite project the strong financial picture they've been trying to paint...
For many years Cannon would organize one.We would get a ride up the tram and usually head over to Mittersill to do mainly brush cutting but we always did some small glade thinning with chainsaws.

Smellytele

Magic does it all the time

Jully

I think it is actually a pretty common event. Many small to medium sized resorts do this.

slickrick

Thanks for the education, boys! I don't pay much attention to how these things run. I just barrel down hills! The request sort of struck me as odd only because it's getting to the wire and there hasn't been as much activity and updates (at least on Facebook) as last summer. Fingers crossed for some good snow and cheap skiing.

Jully

Thanks for the education, boys! I don't pay much attention to how these things run. I just barrel down hills! The request sort of struck me as odd only because it's getting to the wire and there hasn't been as much activity and updates (at least on Facebook) as last summer. Fingers crossed for some good snow and cheap skiing.

They have slowed down a bit. The lawsuit might be hurting things, but also there might just not be as much to report. Really hoping for Hornet to open this year.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Magic did it and still does.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone