• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tenney? Hello? Is this thing on?

prsboogie

Was there on their first Saturday earlier this month (operating day #2 or #3 I think). It was wonderful, with deep snow everywhere. Only the trails they had brushed out were open (still some work to do there) but I was pleased with the 2/3 of the former mountain that were being offered. The Hornet really is quite slow, but the affordable tickets really make up for it. I loved skiing on all natural snow with no icy man-made base underneath. Such a treat.
I had never previously skied Tenney. (Though I've skied every other active ski hill in NH except for Campton and Veteran's Mem.) So I was excited to try it out and share the experience with my dad on that day. We had driven up there years ago - probably 1999 - planning to ski but decided to go to Waterville instead because Tenney looked so icy. I am very thankful that I finally got to complete that trip with my dad 19 years later.
I'm pulling for Tenney. I think getting open with all this natural snow this year will be a huge boost - you go guys!
That is a great experience you'll never forget.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk