• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tenney? Hello? Is this thing on?

dusty

Nice find Jully! Should make my tenney stalking easier. :) Hope we see some updates there

deadheadskier

Staff member
So, for the first time I received an email from Ski Magazine to contribute a survey towards their resort rankings. I was surprised to see Tenney as an active mountain on the list.

Sign of things to come? Or leftover from when it closed a while back?

thetrailboss

Staff member
So, for the first time I received an email from Ski Magazine to contribute a survey towards their resort rankings. I was surprised to see Tenney as an active mountain on the list.

Leftover I'd say

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Abubob

Website
tee.pub

Ascutney was on that list - so left over it's gone moldy. Shows you how in touch SKI magazine is.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Too bad I already filled out the survey! They probably would have just kicked me off their facebook page. :dunce:

They would probably ask you to write an article for the magazine. :lol:

I was hoping that the recent sale back to the previous owner would improve the quality of their content and that they would at least have someone with a few brain cells read the material before it was published. But I guess I was too optimistic.

LoafSkier19

Just saw this posted on their FB page
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 223

dlague

I suggested on their FB page that the should implement 2 hour block lift tickets. I am thinking lunch runs since it is 5 minutes from my office. They posted back liking the idea. Also said that the rebirth year pricing will be favorable.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Since this resurrection season is just to get systems and process back online, it is a combination of yes and no. Limited time will dictates that we need to use mostly portables units this season while we continue to assess what we can use / integrate from old to new. But there will definitely be tower guns at TENNEY in the near future. Just a quick note - this season coming up we will be doing zero advertising and setting the bar on quality snow making / farming quite high. We are engineering and taking our time this first year to get everything done or prepared properly for the future success rather than come out setting super high expectations knowing its impossibly to meet them. We are realistic engineers and physicist and not a marketing machine. Snow is 100% our product and the core focus followed up by people management... Which I will get a brief write up / post out in the next day or two and all will make good logical sound business sense. Keep the questions coming Mr. Wilson, we admit we won't be able to satisfy all, but we can add them to the list of doable task for TENNEY. 👍🏼

machski

Since this resurrection season is just to get systems and process back online, it is a combination of yes and no. Limited time will dictates that we need to use mostly portables units this season while we continue to assess what we can use / integrate from old to new. But there will definitely be tower guns at TENNEY in the near future. Just a quick note - this season coming up we will be doing zero advertising and setting the bar on quality snow making / farming quite high. We are engineering and taking our time this first year to get everything done or prepared properly for the future success rather than come out setting super high expectations knowing its impossibly to meet them. We are realistic engineers and physicist and not a marketing machine. Snow is 100% our product and the core focus followed up by people management... Which I will get a brief write up / post out in the next day or two and all will make good logical sound business sense. Keep the questions coming Mr. Wilson, we admit we won't be able to satisfy all, but we can add them to the list of doable task for TENNEY. 👍🏼

My post was just in Jest. Glad they are taking the slow and steady approach with an eye on building the best system they can. To compete, they will need that focus. Also tells me they have some deep coffers to take the slow approach with limited to zero marketing next season.