• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tenney? Hello? Is this thing on?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Was just going to say that I was happy to see the Facebook post and that it is nice that we can shift the discussion back to them reopening.

xwhaler

Wonder what rebirth yr pricing means? If a season pass was stupid cheap I may give it a shot to work in the mix.
I think they offered some silly $99 pass a yr or so before they closed.

xwhaler

Yup. $99. I bought one

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread during the off season for sure. I'm not sure what the price would be to get me to pull the trigger on a mtn I've only skied once but access is good and if I went a half dozen or so times it could be part of my skiing on the cheap strategy for next season.

Bostonian

If it is $150 or less, I would certainly be in for a season pass plus my Gunstock pass. Only an hour away from the house outside Gunstock, it would be a perfect 1 - 2 punch for me this upcoming season.

Jully

Unfortunately no lift improvements for next season. However, they are planning on something in the near future. It appears terrain expansion might be on the horizon as well?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Interesting.....

he New Tenney Mountain Resort
- Plymouth, New Hampshire
The New Tenney Mountain Resort will be the mecca for all civilian and military wounded warriors and their families worldwide. It is time to re-educate all of humanity and create a level of compassionate awareness never before seen on planet earth.
This will be the first ever year-round resort and ski area in the world that will incorporate friendly designs throughout the entire resort grounds that will focus on all impairments of all civilian and military wounded warriors worldwide. (1400 acres).
From the early decades of the 20th century, those with physical and mental impairments have been relegated as second class citizens in every country. The New Tenney Mountain Resort will feature specific areas for those with hearing impairment, sight impairment, hearing impairment, physical impairment, mental impairment, etc.
No longer will children and adults hear and see the previous words that were so widely accepted in the 1950s and beyond. It is most unfortunate that words such as deaf, dumb, blind, and mental retardation were incorporated in all societies across this great planet. All civilian and military wounded warriors worldwide, deserve the same respect that every other member of society is afforded. Those that have had the misfortune to have physical or mental impairment at birth or at any stage of these most powerful of all warriors lives, deserve an instant societal reset. All of humanity must be made aware of one of the greatest treasures bestowed upon all of mankind. The power, the resiliency and the never ending wells of enormous courage of the most dignified of all human beings. All civilian and military wounded warriors worldwide. Deaf - Hearing Impaired. Dumb - Mental Impairment. Blind - Sight Impairment. Amputees,Stroke afflications - Physical Impairment. The words and labels of previous decades must be erased from all humanities concious thought and understanding.

Stay tuned for periodic updates and project progress reports.

Coming soon in 2015.

http://e2eglobal.com/clients-partners.html

Not sure what it has to do with skiing.

mbedle

I'm pretty sure that has to do with him being part of the Oder of the Knights of Saint John. I didn't read to much into it but I think they have roots in caring for the sick, poor or injured people. I was surprised to see how much land they own.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Interesting....

http://e2eglobal.com/clients-partners.html

Not sure what it has to do with skiing.

Sounds fanatical.

I'm pretty sure that has to do with him being part of the Order of the Knights of Saint John. I didn't read too much into it but I think they have roots in caring for the sick, poor or injured people. I was surprised to see how much land they own.

This is part of their mission statement:
The Order of Malta remains true to its inspiring principles, summarised in the motto “Tuitio Fidei et Obsequium Pauperum”, nurturing, witnessing and protecting the faith and serving the poor and the sick representing the Lord, which become reality through the voluntary work carried out by Dames and Knights in humanitarian assistance and medical and social activities. Today the Order carries out these activities in over 120 countries.

Found here: http://www.orderofmalta.int/?lang=en

dusty

Sounds like they represent a pretty good cause to me, all the power to them and awesome news about the snow guns!

dusty

I hear you, curious to see if they just reopen it as a resort/skiing or go through with all that was mentioned in that note

deadheadskier

Staff member
I think if I were them, I'd go after the young family market hard. It's not that compelling of a mountain to an advanced skier, especially with the lift situation being what it is. However, it's easy access has it's benefits. If you offered a cheap family season pass (I'm thinking sub $800 and even cheaper than that the first few years), I think you might get a bit of traction without going crazy with investments like a HSQ.

My best ski bum buddy from my Stowe years now lives in Western, MA. I forget the price for his family of 5, but they get passes to Otis Ridge and it's stupid cheap. He'll do a few days up North, but for his toddler aged children, it's all they really need for now and the next few years. Pat's Peak is obviously going after that market (though they're not super cheap), but I'd rather ski Tenney than Pat's. The long slow lifts suck, but I do enjoy some of the longer runs there for sure.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Looks like they hired someone to start doing work....at least according to FB:

11215713_371350046396780_4505289780918417202_n.jpg