• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tenney? Hello? Is this thing on?

thetrailboss

Staff member
The Lodge is getting a new roof:

11391771_374762476055537_8962084078374539374_n.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
The Lodge is getting a new roof:

11391771_374762476055537_8962084078374539374_n.jpg

Maybe it's a camera setting, but when I saw this, it looked like a picture from 1975.

Hopefully they got to this project before they really needed it and there wasn't any water damage inside while the building lay dormant. I really like Tenney's lodge.

Domeskier

Has this Ari-Q graduated from t-shirts pics at Q-Burke to topless pics at Tenney now?

SIKSKIER

What snowgun manufacturer is that? Nothing I've seen on-the-hill or online.
Mostly European and some Asia installatons.The only US installs I could find was at Powder Ridge Conn.While looking on PR's website I noticed that they are the only ski area to mandate helmets fore everyone.

dlague

Quite the update on their FB page

On time and on target for phase one so far!

Remember everyone, with all the activity you have been seeing around the properties of TENNEY Ski Resort - Our number one goal are the lifts! We have a tight time schedule of October 1st, 2015 to complete everything including operations insurance certification and so far, each phase and inspection has been satisfied and achieved.

When the lift team has down time, efforts shift towards the lodge which includes gutting out the kitchen cafe, ripping off the roof shingles completely whilst adding a few more natural lighting fixtures. The rugs downstairs had to be ripped out and the foundation along the back of the lodge deck had to be dug up to install a proper water management system to stop the constant erosion and flooding of the basement / rental shop area. All the plumbing is damaged and heating system totally destroyed allowing us to install a more greener "State of the Art" heating system. Bathrooms are being refurbished and a new main water meter is been added per the request of TMA. We are also playing around and looking into pulling permits to add bathrooms upstairs, I have no idea why this wasn't done years ago. The outside of the lodge landscape will be changing as well and you will notice a much better "ease of access" for handicap access and others whom have a tough time hiking up to the lodge from the parking lot.

Running parallel to the lodge and lift maintenance you will also take notice around the resort grounds, heavy brush cutting work being done not only on the immediate trails, but around the pond and retaining wall areas as well. This is all for safety and state regulation requirements. Also the pond is being drained so we can repair the snow making equipment feeds and drains.

If you're lucky enough to be in the area and see all this activity, you will also see many contractors and state personal roaming around with civil engineers. We are trying to come up with a better water management system and figure out the best way to services and upgrade road access on / to the properties so not to burden the local home owners of TENNEY with heavy traffic or bothersome road use.

The immediate community of TENNEY Ski Resort have been put through much over the past decades when it comes to parking and people skiing / boarding across their access roads... We at TMDG are doing our best to preplan and prepare for a safe and successful future for all. I continue to invite immediate and future home owners of TENNEY Ski Resort AND local Grafton County residents and businesses up for personal one on one briefings and idea exchanges. And look forward from all TENNEY lovers from the past to share their thoughts and concerns related to TENNEY Mountain Skiing activities.

I know the above was a little lengthy - but I have been asked by hundreds to bring all up to date and keep the progress detail information flowing. I didn't realize that we had so many folks interested in the resurrection portion of our project so we will share as events unfold.

Again, thank you all for such awesome and positive support - we really do have a great community and feel so connected.

vermonter44

Its nice to have a GM/Owner that is so clear and keeps everyone updated. Sounds like they're picking up some momentum. I'll definitely be making a stop there this winter if/when they open!

Mapnut

It sounds like they have a decent amount of money. Not enough for new lifts, but enough to catch up on all deferred maintenance. Improving drainage first is pretty far-sighted.

dlague

I work less than 5 minutes from there and it is an enticing proposition. The idea of doing lunch turns even if it is 4-5 runs works for me. My wife works about 20 minutes away and she may join me as well. They are clearly going for it with focus and updating on FB.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I work less than 5 minutes from there and it is an enticing proposition. The idea of doing lunch turns even if it is 4-5 runs works for me. My wife works about 20 minutes away and she may join me as well. They are clearly going for it with focus and updating on FB.

We'll have to meet up. I work just over the river in Holderness. I wonder if they'll have another $99 season's pass deal or if it will be pay as you go.