• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tenney? Hello? Is this thing on?

Rushski

Remember a few years ago when they did the $99 pass for the first 10,00 or whatever it was... Figured I couldn't lose, even if a small area.

Well, when you go four times and every one of those has the double chair closed for various reasons... Truly wasn't worth the less-than-triple-digit price.

BUT, if they think they're in good shape, a similar deal could work this time... Possibly?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Remember a few years ago when they did the $99 pass for the first 10,00 or whatever it was... Figured I couldn't lose, even if a small area.

Well, when you go four times and every one of those has the double chair closed for various reasons... Truly wasn't worth the less-than-triple-digit price.

BUT, if they think they're in good shape, a similar deal could work this time... Possibly?

I don't think they are doing a season pass program this year. At least they suggested that.

deadheadskier

Staff member

I think they offered the $99 pass for two seasons. I took advantage one year and it worked out pretty well. I do recall some Hornet closures, but not many. It was a good snow year that year, so their lack of snowmaking didn't hurt things too much. I ended up going a half dozen times, so for $99 it was a steal.

Here's some photos from back then:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/g1032-tenney.html

dlague

I think they offered the $99 pass for two seasons. I took advantage one year and it worked out pretty well. I do recall some Hornet closures, but not many. It was a good snow year that year, so their lack of snowmaking didn't hurt things too much. I ended up going a half dozen times, so for $99 it was a steal.

Here's some photos from back then:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/g1032-tenney.html

I do not see them doing that!

Rushski

It must've just been the year I had it and probably hit it on bad days.

Where I was stuck on the triple, one morning came over a rise to find a bare spot that had to be 30 feet wide and about the same length. What was worse was that it wasn't marked.

witch hobble

Bump for stoke. Brewfest this weekend. Three solid live bands, food, breweries of various sizes representing, Tenney's first event under new regime, and all to benefit the local skatepark.....lots of reasons to come out and show your support.

p.s. $99 pass was 08-09.....great snow year. Helped wallpaper over many flaws. Pass price doubled for 09-10....lousy snow year, many flaws exposed.

witch hobble

So I read that Brewfest was sold out and it went well. Anyone go?

I went but couldn't stay long. Good beers. Good vibes. Full parking lot.

Theyve been working hard obviously.....but the wow factor is the energy more than the infrastructure currently. Lodge felt the same to me, just with a hipper crowd. Looking forward to ski season there for sure. Hopefully they can maintain the buzz.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
So I read that Brewfest was sold out and it went well. Anyone go?
I went too. When I checked their facebook page to find how much it was to get in the message read "100 tickets left". I just turned to my friend and said "We need to leave. Right now." Happily I only live about 20 minutes away. I left home so hurriedly that I forgot my camera (my phone takes useless photos) so - sorry - no photos.

The room was packed and folks were amiable and talkative - including security and Michael himself. I just missed Jim Tyrrell but the Country Western Boys set up shortly and were playing away in no time. I left shortly after their set to avoid the mad exodus but that was at 3:30 just after last call. Common Man had a grill running out in back of the lodge just above the double loading station. I had a grilled chicken with cheddar sandwich which went quite well with ... well ... everything I tried. The only thing I didn't sample was Narragansett - was that a mistake?

On our beer thread someone mentioned that a certain IPA was "dank". I had never heard the expression applied to beer so I took an informal survey of several people. The brewers there knew it something to do with the relationship of hops to cannabis. In fact the folks at Woodstock told me that Flying Goose has a beer on tap now called "Bride of Dankenstein". Some said moldy, peaty or "ew". Everyone had some opinion and talked easily. Maybe it was just the beer talking.

I had another conversation with a gentleman as we were leaving about his Swedish Army surplus SUV. If these is the type of folks that will be skiing there this and more winters to come - I'm hooked.

Smellytele

Bummer that the top won't be opening just the lower mountain which is not all that much fun. I wish them luck and will head there next year when the top is open if they are still at it.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Bummer they can't get the Hornet going; especially with all the trail work they did.

I'll likely wait until next year as well. Unless I decide to stop being lazy and actually use my skins. :lol:

Triple terrain wouldn't be worth the drive there for me.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I think their plan is snowmaking only on the Eclipse. They're working to reopen Hornet, just no snowmaking this season.

And I'm planning to ski there once this season when I'm up because they are such nice folks.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone