• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tenney? Hello? Is this thing on?

benski

The crossed out logo appears to be outdated since there is a more modern looking logo on the top right.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Yeah, the basic look is the same but the color changed and diamond has a rounded bevel. Not a huge logo change but I like it.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

dlague

Quote from Tenney Mountain FB Page regarding Lily drones

Yup, we just ordered a few of these units for our "Show Time" skiers / boarders and any TENNEY Family other out door activist...

AdironRider

If they put an example of "old people using facebook" on wikepedia, Tenney's FB page would be exhibit A.

Bostonian

per their facebook page:

Well, this week was another major milestone - all the lift ropes / cables passed on all systems - the triple needs to be shorten by 8ft - however it still passed.We'll keep you all up to date on the progress... Per everyone's request...
Thank you all again for your positive support and offerings.

Looks like 2015-2016 reopening is going to happen!

dlague

On FB
Someone posted about them needing new lifts - this is the response

Tenney Mountain Agreed - the issue is the two or three new lifts we are planning take two years to design and build - so we are upgrading the systems and putting windshields on each chair because we are super charging the double and taking 2 minutes off that normally long ride... lol But seriously, new lifts are in the plan but not for this or next year per manufacturing reasons...

They are also putting a new roof on the lodge and brought in small bulldozer with trail clearing gear to trim up the trails.

Jully

What does super charging mean? Carpet? Or just speeding it up?

Also, windshields on a rickety double will be an interesting site and experience

dlague

What does super charging mean? Carpet? Or just speeding it up?

Also, windshields on a rickety double will be an interesting site and experience

No real word, but they are updating their FB page a little more frequently lately.

thetrailboss

Staff member
So I just checked their FB page. Holy shit. I could not believe how overgrown things are there. Too bad they put those wind turbines at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
Agreed. Amazing how a landscape can change in 5 years.

The wind turbines don't really bother me. Only place I've skied with them so prominent is Big Rock in Maine. At Big Rock, one of the trails is literally 100 feet tops from the base of the turbine. The only reason why that bothered me is because I looked up at the turbine spinning and felt I was in the "debris zone" should anything ever break. Silly thought process while skiing as that would constitute a very freak accident, but I did think about it.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Agreed. Amazing how a landscape can change in 5 years.

The wind turbines don't really bother me. Only place I've skied with them so prominent is Big Rock in Maine. At Big Rock, one of the trails is literally 100 feet tops from the base of the turbine. The only reason why that bothered me is because I looked up at the turbine spinning and felt I was in the "debris zone" should anything ever break. Silly thought process while skiing as that would constitute a very freak accident, but I did think about it.

The one at Burke is close and had me thinking the same thing. I can't recall how far off the trail the one at Bolton is.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone