• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mohawk Mountain - Opening Weekend

SkiRay

What did you do on your Black Friday?

At the last minute we decided to check out Mohawk Mountain as we have never been there and it's only a 90 minutes drive from NYC. The snow today was amazing - freshies all day and you can ski anything - ski patrol was totally cool and my 5 year old skied off trail with us all day.

The lines on this mountain remind of me what runs used to be like, lots of turns and interesting terrain and for sure this mountain feels so much bigger than what it really is. Lots of fun to ski here and will for sure go back again.

gmcunni

i was going to run up on Saturday but had family stuff... my loss. looks like you guys had a great time.

Tin

The helmet with the bunny ears and MRG sticker was bad ass.
Nice to finally see what trails there look like, would be fun with bumps.

SkiRay

The helmet with the bunny ears and MRG sticker was bad ass.
Nice to finally see what trails there look like, would be fun with bumps.

Haha.. Thanks Tin. Alicia and I are just cracking here. I will have to let my 5 year old know that. She finally started skiing on her own last year and was doing diamonds at MRG this year. My son is 10 so he pushes her a bunch..

This was us trying to get her used to her skis a 2nd time, with the 1st being at Bolton Valley last December.

You can see, it was me holding her back.

marinamoreira

So THAT'S how those little kids get to ski so much better than I'll ever do! :D
That's great, thanks for sharing, SkiRay