• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crusher Beware 12/09/14

Cornhead

Are they fairly safe already?

Safe? To what, your skis? Probably, the snow was so dense and heavy, tough to reach bottom. I was on rock skis. Safe to humans? Depends, it was very labor intensive to ski, and it was pretty slow going, at least for me. Should ski sublimely with more, lighter snow, if that's what they get.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

rocojerry

I made this (with intellicast.com radar help), because i could not find it out there -- but its basically the play by play, hour by hour, historical rain(green)/sleet(pink)/snow(BLUE baby!) line....

I'll try to keep it updated for this storm, unless someone gives me a link to something similar so I don't have to :)

currently 10am->10pm today... historical radar
http://telaetas.com/web/roco/

you need to click to advance an hour...

eat it up!

so my power settings went on, and my computer missed most of the overnight and today... luckily i dug up this link for the last 24 hours radar...

http://images.intellicast.com/WxImages/YesterdaysRadarLoop/hfd.gif

catsup948

NWS saying 3-7 tonight near mount snow probably more at elevation. Plus 1-2 tomorrow and 1 inch tomorrow night. I bought my founders day ticket this afternoon!

lstone84

Any other grandpa's deeply offended by the word fuck?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

I'm not offended by it in the least. I genuinely feel sorry for you.

But the fact you're intentionally bringing it up hours later, intentionally saying it again with the sole purpose/intent of doing so, is quite telling.

deadheadskier

Staff member

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

F bombs happen. They're not encouraged on AZ, but they're not actively discouraged either. All of the mods have better things to do with their time than chase people around reprimanding them for their potty mouth.

That said, 99% of conversations here can get along just fine without the use of cuss words.

9a9zc3.jpg

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Wet? How many trails? any moguls?

All snow. Basically 3.5 ways down from the top. Susquehanna, Tunkhannock, Tioga, and West Slope. No moguls. Liftie said the quad was going to run this weekend.

Runs got better throughout the day as an inch or two covered the frozen hardpack and was a lot of fun to push around the slopes.