• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crusher Beware 12/09/14

Edd

Skied till closing at 3:30 at BW. By that time it was dumping pretty hard. Just drove down to the MWV and it's basically raining down here. That does not bode well for Attitash.

Sunapee/Ragged area is absolutely dumping right now. Cool little cold tuck in Sullivan County, on intellicast radar, it's only within the county as Merrimack is mostly wet right now.

lstone84

Really think it's gonna go over to rain tonight at Killington, worried about it happening a little bit even at Whiteface

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

lstone84

That red circle of above freezing temps from 750-850mb at Killington is scary. Not as bad but still a tiny bit of above freezing temps above 5k feet at Whiteface. ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1418162838.336813.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1418162852.764988.jpg

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
attachment.php

Attachments

• weather.png
    weather.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 167

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Tomorrow:

Jay, Stowe and Kmart will have summit temps from 32 to 36F on Wednesday.

Someday River, Sugarloaf - summit temps of 36 to 41F Wed.

Huntah - Summit above freezing Tuesd

IceFace: summit 25-27F Wed. Looking at 6" new snow in next 24 hours.

Istone84 is spot on. WF is the place to be.

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Attitash goes big time summit melt - temps on Wed 36 to 39 @ summit

Titus stays well below freezing, looking at an addtional 6" by Wed. PM

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Tomorrow:

Jay, Stowe and Kmart will have summit temps from 32 to 36F on Wednesday.

Someday River, Sugarloaf - summit temps of 36 to 41F Wed. Looking at 6" new snow in next 24 hours.

Huntah - Summit above freezing Tuesd

IceFace: summit 25-27F Wed.

Istone84 is spot on. WF is the place to be.

Really think it's gonna go over to rain tonight at Killington, worried about it happening a little bit even at Whiteface

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Isothermic cooling combined with heavy rates should keep them as snow for a while, the changeover would occur after this WAA/Omega thump ends. Yes, there'll be rain showers at killington tomorrow, but it won't really matter. The meaningful QPF will be all snow.

I wouldn't be worried.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Isothermic cooling combined with heavy rates should keep them as snow for a while, the changeover would occur after this WAA/Omega thump ends. Yes, there'll be rain showers at killington tomorrow, but it won't really matter. The meaningful QPF will be all snow.

I wouldn't be worried.

While it won't wash away what they have, it'll probably be a *bit icy* once we get back below 32F. Think I'll stay in the office tomorrow and let that base pack down! :)

yeggous

Wildcat was amazing this afternoon. I spoke to the operations manager who confirmed that they are being extra conservative dropping ropes this year, but he also mentioned that they have a boundary to boundary policy. That whole mountain was skiing well today. Cover in most places was excellent and the snow was powdery. You just have to use caution as there is still running water in places. I got caught over my head in a gulley off of Upper Wildcat and had to hike out in the knee deep snow.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

lstone84

That omega ends in a few hours and there's still a good bit of precip to follow plus showers to,or row. SVT may have more snow by AM but it'll be packed w rain you'll be wet trying to ride it.

That omega ends in a few hours and there's still a good bit of precip to follow plus showers to,or row. SVT may have more snow by AM but it'll be packed w rain you'll be wet trying to ride it.

It only gets above freezing in the dryslot of this storm. The only significant QPF left before the 2nd wave, which comes through on Thursday-Friday, is the commahead which will be all snow and out in the Daks. Where are you getting this?