• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crusher Beware 12/09/14

lstone84

the rain concern is for tomorrow...it was supposed to be snow in the N mountains today...

lstone84

Fingers crossed...looks to be tracking a bit further east. Good for VT and the Catskills. Just a blue blob on Hunter surrounded pink and green. Looks locked in there this morning.

No...it looks right on track maybe a little West w/ warmer air into the Catskills and VT w/ lesser snow totals. NWS Albany, Burlington, and Binghamton have lowered snow totals this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Tin

No...it looks right on track maybe a little West w/ warmer air into the Catskills and VT w/ lesser snow totals. NWS Albany, Burlington, and Binghamton have lowered snow totals this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

That was 3 hours ago. Things change

dlague

Accuweather is reporting mix for Cannon right now but changing back to snow later total accumulation - 6 inches. That works. However, some mix is predicted for tomorrow.

Edd

BW hit blast off about an hour ago. Not accumulating quick but it's nice to see.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1418153536.165225.jpg

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1418153576.251712.jpg

Tin

It's been back and forth depending on what/who you're looking at. Right now yes it is lower. Shouldn't you be playing with your Go-Pro to get pics when you're out tomorrow?

lstone84

It hasn't been back and forth. The initial concern was for rain/mix tonight and tomorrow with snow all day today. So far rain/mix has already been an issue in many places where it was supposed to snow all day. These above freezing temps at 850mb are not good. The GoPro will be ready to go for tomorrow. ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1418154374.878013.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1418154385.008793.jpg

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

lstone84

At this point the track isn't really important if it's bringing in more warm air than forecasted.

lstone84

I'm still holding out hope for Whiteface

Mid level torch was what screwed us over. Sunapee webcam is still showing snow, but that might change soon.

Thursday into Friday could be good as the system pulls out.

Actually, Central VT and the Whites may get crushed tonight. Very good trends on the radar recently as isothermal cooling may be beginning. If the mountains can get an isothermal blue bomb, that's an easy 6+ right there!

Killington will be under the gun this evening as that band rotates up from the Berkshires.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
so what's the best bet if you could go one day this week? Tomorrow? Thursday? and where (3 hr radious from central mA)

lstone84

Whiteface tomorrow. Only place that won't be raining most of the day tomorrow and will get a good chunk of snow...

lstone84

On my way now, emotionally prepared for this to not go as planned though.

Savemeasammy

Whiteface tomorrow. Only place that won't be raining most of the day tomorrow and will get a good chunk of snow...

I'll be curious to hear what it's like up there tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk