• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

recomendations on new boards

mike86

Hi everyone I have an ancient solomon board that I have been riding since I was 16 ( I'm 28 now) was wondering if anyone has some suggestions on a new ride something that can ride hard pack, hold an edge in the turns and floats through powder would be nice. The old beast just isn't cutting it anymore.

loki357

Jones Flagship. If twin tip isn't inportant, the Jones Hovercraft

dmw

Go on thegoodride.com and find a board with the attributes you desire.

Cannonball

I am riding a Never Summer Cobra 163 this season. WOW! This thing is a razor. Unbelievably fast and carvey. I've had several Salomon's in the past and this is a similar type of board: stiff, fast, nimble, but somewhat unforgiving. I don't go in the park, I don't ride switch, etc. This board would probably not be fun for those things. I do like bumps and I'm finding this board to be a little too stiff in the bumps. It definitely prefers to go FAST.

I second dmw's advice about thegoodride and about deciding what attributes you want. Not all riders want the same thing. Good luck!

mike86

Nice yea I'm not to big on the park or switch either sounds like something I would be looking for